Thread: Ladies Event : Who will represent Canada ?

0 Not allowed!

Ladies Event : Who will represent Canada ?

Did you take a look on marks of Easter and Western Challenge ? It's not strong.

Amelie Lacoste will be a good representant (if she finished second at Nationals), but, I think that she has a better place in the Senior Event. Who will represent Canada ?

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Amelie Lacoste and Amanda Billings are representing Canada.

0 Not allowed!
    Yep. Amelie Lacoste's spot was definitely fairly earned, she's been skating great, and I think could have a chance at a top five finish, but definitely not on the podium with Asasa, Kim, Taylor, and Czisny competing.

On the other hand, I don't think Amanda Billings should have gotten the other spot, when she didn't even skate at Canadian Nationals. She skated well last year but it's not like she blew everybody away. I think the spot would have een more deserved if given to Tanika Gibbons, Erin Scherrer, or Signe Ronka.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Agree on you about Amanda Billings. Also Diane Smziett ( the junior ladies champion) should be considered. Her total scores ( SP and FP ) were higher than all the skaters you mentioned above except for Gibbons who was only 1 total point higher. Considereing that Diane can only do 3 spins in the junior ladies long her score would have been higher if she was skating senior.

Diane also showed a triple lutz ( lutz is required jump out of steps in junior ladies this year) which none of the other skaters mentioned did.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for telling me about Diane nadster! She sounds like she'd be a very good representative! Did they name an alternate to the Junior World team?

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Did they name an alternate to the Junior World team?
    Yes, Stefani Marotta is the alternate for Canada.

Ladies' roster (2 pages) -- currently at 56 entries!:
    http://www.isufs.org/events/cat00005273.htm

I'll start a new Junior Worlds thread and post the link to the roster for all 4 disciplines there.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    According to the ISU roster for Jr. Worlds, Amanda Billings is no longer listed. The new list is:
    Amelie LACOSTE (Canada)
    Diane SZMIETT (Canada)
    and
    Stefani MAROTTA (Alternate - Canada)

0 Not allowed!
    Diane Szmiett has a lot of promise. She's a good choice for J. Worlds. I like her better than the under-18 Seniors.