Thread: Ladies Event : Who will represent Canada ?

Rinkside

Ladies Event : Who will represent Canada ?

Did you take a look on marks of Easter and Western Challenge ? It's not strong.

Amelie Lacoste will be a good representant (if she finished second at Nationals), but, I think that she has a better place in the Senior Event. Who will represent Canada ?

Custom Title
    Amelie Lacoste and Amanda Billings are representing Canada.

Yep. Amelie Lacoste's spot was definitely fairly earned, she's been skating great, and I think could have a chance at a top five finish, but definitely not on the podium with Asasa, Kim, Taylor, and Czisny competing.

On the other hand, I don't think Amanda Billings should have gotten the other spot, when she didn't even skate at Canadian Nationals. She skated well last year but it's not like she blew everybody away. I think the spot would have een more deserved if given to Tanika Gibbons, Erin Scherrer, or Signe Ronka.

Custom Title
    Agree on you about Amanda Billings. Also Diane Smziett ( the junior ladies champion) should be considered. Her total scores ( SP and FP ) were higher than all the skaters you mentioned above except for Gibbons who was only 1 total point higher. Considereing that Diane can only do 3 spins in the junior ladies long her score would have been higher if she was skating senior.

Diane also showed a triple lutz ( lutz is required jump out of steps in junior ladies this year) which none of the other skaters mentioned did.

Thanks for telling me about Diane nadster! She sounds like she'd be a very good representative! Did they name an alternate to the Junior World team?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Did they name an alternate to the Junior World team?
    Yes, Stefani Marotta is the alternate for Canada.

Ladies' roster (2 pages) -- currently at 56 entries!:
    http://www.isufs.org/events/cat00005273.htm

I'll start a new Junior Worlds thread and post the link to the roster for all 4 disciplines there.

Custom Title
    According to the ISU roster for Jr. Worlds, Amanda Billings is no longer listed. The new list is:
    Amelie LACOSTE (Canada)
    Diane SZMIETT (Canada)
    and
    Stefani MAROTTA (Alternate - Canada)

Diane Szmiett has a lot of promise. She's a good choice for J. Worlds. I like her better than the under-18 Seniors.