4 CCs Will Michelle Go? | Golden Skate

4 CCs Will Michelle Go?

SkatingFan94

Rinkside
There has been talk about Michelle competing at 4 CCs to gain more experience under the code. Now that she's out of Nationals and assuming her injury is well enough to skate on by then does anyone think she will go?

When exactly is Four Continents?

I cannot see any advantage to Michelle in competing there. I think that the only factor that matters is the state of her injuries. To me, practicing for the CoP is way down the list.

JMO.

Mathman :)

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I cannot see any advantage to Michelle in competing there. I think that the only factor that matters is the state of her injuries. To me, practicing for the CoP is way down the list.

JMO.

Mathman :)
I agree with you mm. I think it will be only fair that USFS do what they did with Nancy. No more, no less. In another word they should not require her compete at 4CC as the condition. While Nancey had competed in the season prior to her injury, she was placed lower in prio worlds than Michelle, and she never was a proven consistant skaters as Michelle had been for a decada.

kyla2

Final Flight
She Won't Go

No, she won't go and it would be useless anyway. Michelle will be lucky to make it to the Olympics, forget the 4CC.

It's a dumb question. Will Joannie, Sasha, Alissa, Shizuka, Fumie skate 4cc?

Maybe Mao will. Interesting Muffin, Mao has never beatne Michelle.

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Well, as I understand it the 4CCs are an ISU championship, so Mao is too young. Also, the US doesn't name the 4CCs team until after Nats. Furthermore, the USFSA can condition Michelle's bye on any terms they want, and, I think the ladies FS at the 4CCs is quite close to the Jan 30 deadline -- by which time Michelle said that, if she thought herself not ready for Olys, she would drop out, if given a bye on Jan 14.

So, I suppose they could name Michelle and the Nats bronze medalists to the 4CCs team, and announce they are using it as a "skate off" or a "test skate", if they wanted to.