US Nats Practice Tidbits | Page 3 | Golden Skate

US Nats Practice Tidbits

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Observations on the Kwantroversy from the stands...

I know the media is making a huge deal about this....and in large part, I agree with those who remind us that the media people's job is to attract viewers, sell papers, etc.

Being the extremely shy and introverted sort,
wink1.gif
I tend to chat with lots of people who sit around me, or at the bar, or in the Fresh Air Smoking Area, etc. I haven't proactively asked anyone what they think about it, and only one person that I can recall has asked me what I think about it. And that was a very short discussion. I suspect there will be more buzz during the Ladies SP tonight, but at least from my experience, it seems to be a bigger deal everywhere else than it seems to be for the FS fans I've encountered here.

As for me? There is a process in place to address this exact situation. MK is following the process. I assume all the skaters know about this process. I don't get the big deal.

On the other hand, I know all too well what it's like to NOT be at events, be starving for news, and therefore be happy for ANY news - even if it's media over doing something to attract viewers and sell papers, etc. And the most well known skaters are the ones who make the news. There is so much more going on at these events than that - and I know everyone who goes to events knows this. I'm very grateful to now understand that. It's a really big wide skating world. :)

JOHIO2

Medalist
DG,
I've been enjoying your rinkside posts, both here and at FSU. Keep 'em up! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, glad you are having a great time. These big events are such a kick for us casual fans. I know I've had fun at nationals, worlds and skate america. Hey, did you and Toni and company ever link up? It would be a shame not to meet more of those online skate fanatics.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
DG,
I've been enjoying your rinkside posts, both here and at FSU. Keep 'em up! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, glad you are having a great time. These big events are such a kick for us casual fans. I know I've had fun at nationals, worlds and skate america. Hey, did you and Toni and company ever link up? It would be a shame not to meet more of those online skate fanatics.

Not yet...LOL I'm still waiting for a leapard print sighting. I hope Toni and all the rest turn up by the USFSA booth after Jr. Pairs FS this afternoon.

OK - now it's REALLY over and out, and off to Savvis.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Thanks for posting...I really wanted to go to nationals this year and post, but, I ran out of money....Great job....Keep it up...

Darby

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doggygirl said:
Not yet...LOL I'm still waiting for a leapard print sighting. .
Are you looking for Princess Leppard???

Dee

isk82

On the Ice
Thanks!

Your reports are AWESOME, DG! And it sounds like you're having a great time!!:clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Are you looking for Princess Leppard???

Dee
LOL...I have a leopard print blanket and coat....we DID finally meet up at the GS meeting...