Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reigning Olympic Medalists

Yep It's me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly22
    and your point?

My point is both your thread title, and your post, identified them as such. They are not.

Skaters like Kurt & Todd may not have Olympic medals , but they are two of the biggest reasons we have enjoyed going to SOI since 1993. Thank goodness that skaters like Ina & Zimmerman have had the opportunity to skate with SOI, as well as Roca & Sur (SOI, don't forget about ice dancing!). I am delighted to see Yuka Sato (as a singles skater & pairs skater with Jason), Katia (as a re-invented singles skater the last few seasons), Steven Cousins, & Jen Robinson too. While I certainly don't want to belittle those skaters who have won Olympic medals, there are lots of fine skaters out there who don't necessarily have one! This is an ensemble show, too. Yes, I love watching the skaters do their individual programs, but I also welcome the opportunity to see them interact together throughout the show.
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 01-10-2006 at 08:02 AM.

Yep It's me!
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd
    Skaters like Kurt & Todd may not have Olympic medals , but they are two of the biggest .................................................. .....While I certainly don't want to belittle those skaters who have won Olympic medals, there are lots of fine skaters out there who don't necessarily have one!

Who said anything about belittling elite skaters without Olympic medals? That's a bit of a stretch

The thread title is "Reigning Olympic Medalists" and the first post talks about the "current crop of Olympic medalists" then going on to name S&P, B&S, I&Z, Eldredge and Yagudin. It is factually incorrect.

Go NJ Devils
    Stars on Ice has put up the Men's/Dance poll:

Buttle, Goebel, Joubert, Kulik, Lambiel, Plushenko, Sandhu, Weir
    Belbin/Agosto, Denkova/Staviyski, Dubreuil/Lauzon, Fusar-Poli/Margoglio, Grushina/Goncharov, Navka/Kostomarov.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesgirl
    Who said anything about belittling elite skaters without Olympic medals? That's a bit of a stretch

The thread title is "Reigning Olympic Medalists" and the first post talks about the "current crop of Olympic medalists" then going on to name S&P, B&S, I&Z, Eldredge and Yagudin. It is factually incorrect.
    Oh for pete's sake, get over it. I'm well aware of who has and hasn't received Olympic medals. I was making a comment, the point of which you missed or disagreed with. Sorry the erroneous thread title annoyed you.
    Last edited by Kelly22; 01-12-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Yep It's me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly22
    I'm well aware of who has and hasn't received Olympic medals.

Well, that certainly wasn't apparent from your post.

Nothing to get over btw. I was simply correcting inaccurate info. As far as missing your point, you enjoyed and continue to enjoy SOI. The thread title is Reigning Olympic Medalists. I just thought you were rather confused and decided to focus instead on the facts. Sorry if that offended you personally, for some odd reason.

On the Ice
    Kelly,
    If Christopher Dean wasn't involved in SOI this year it was because he was in England with Jayne Torvill working with the celebrities who will skate in the reality series "Dancing on Ice" which begins January 14th. Our version of that show of coarse is " Skating with Celebrities" on January 18th.
    It's great that Jayne and Chris are back on the ice together.
    Cathy

Custom Title
    Christopher Dean did choreograph for SOI this year.

Jonesgirl and Kelly, it is better to carry out exchanges of this sort by PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2