Your Favourite Skates? :) | Golden Skate

Your Favourite Skates? :)

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Hmm...I've been thinking...I have one question: What are your favuorite boots? Vifa,graf,gam,ridell,risport,edea? For now, I tryed Graff, Vifa and Risport and I think that Risport are the best. But, recently, my friend from Italy was here and she showed ma Edea skates. She says that those are the perfect boots. I am also very interested in Ridell boots, they are really bautiful.
So, any suggestions
? :p :p :p

It'sabouttime

Spectator
Custom SP Teri's.... after wearing skates more than shoes for over 30 years now.....I love my SP Teri's! Like wearing bedroom slippers on the ice.....or something like that....LOL

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I skate on Grafs, but I think everyone has a different perference on what they like to skate on.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Ye, people are saying that,for example,Graf, can only some people wear, but to other it's very bad. SP Teri? I was watching a lot of catalogs and I gess I saw them, but I've never had chance to see them in live. Are Ridells good? I should buy new skates next season, thanks for help :biggrin:

CDMM1991

Medalist
I have Jackson boots, they're my fourth or fifth pair, and they suit me PERFECTLY:d it really depends on what you like.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
And on which one fits your foot! I basically let my skate fitter chose what to try after he measured me, and he thought, of the brands he deals in (mostly Grafs, Jacksons, and Riedell) Jacksons would be the best fit. They work so far, though I'm having some problems with ankle support versus room to flex with one boot, so that's what I skate on. (Should've listened about blades, though. Never try to save money with cheap blades, that's all I'm sayin'.) Some people at my rinks swear by Harlicks. My friend wears SP Teri and says she just can't get any sort of fit with Riedell. Boots are such an individual thing.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
No, ofcourse I won't buy some cheap blades, it will be Phantom probably. Well... One of the girls from my skating club has Jacson boots, they are really very good. But she is yet a little girl and she jumps only singles. So I need something better. It always deppends on the jumps you do. And...well, I don't know how to explain this, but I'll try. As all of you live on the other continent, you have a big choice of European, but also American boots. There a lot of models. In Serbia, where I live, skating is not popular and there is no where to buy boots and blades. So we all are trying to find the best way to find real skates for us. We usually buy them without trying, I mean, other people buy it when they go to other countries. So it's very dificult. Ofcourse, I know that every man likes other boots. Personaly, I've, for example, never had problem with Risport. Now I skate on Vifas, and it's killing me. I have big problems with my feets and...I don't know how to say it on English...well, for sure it is very hard. So maybe the best is not to risk, but keep writing me suggestions :yes:

I

IcyBallerina

I've used Riedells and SP-Teris, and I went back to Riedells. When I got this pair (Riedell Gold Stars), I had them broken in perfectly in only a week, no blisters! And on my third day in them, I landed axels, which was a very big deal at the time!

Most Riedells have a feature that you can do if you buy your skates in person. The people at the store fit you, then they heat the boots up and you put them on and the boots shape themselves to fit your foot exactly right. I don't know if you can do that at home!

I love my Riedells!

It must be awful to have to buy your boots without trying them on! You're much braver than I am!

Last edited:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
My Jacksons are heat-fitted, too. The skate fitter has a special little oven, but supposedly you can refit them using your home oven (one of my coaches did this, with the fitter talking her through it on the phone.) I'm actually thinking of having mine redone to see if it helps.

I've heard Riedells run narrow--does anyone know if that's true?

Lanie

On the Ice
Jacksons didn't work out for me - neither did Riedells. Probably because the skate fitter was a moron and said I ws B width when I'm D width. So I just ended up getting custom Harlicks after wasting lotsa money on Riedells and JAcksons! I hope my Harlicks are okay...

I

IcyBallerina

julietvalcouer said:

I think that they used to, but they changed the fit so A heel and B ball is standard.

Skater_Kid

Rinkside
I have been wearing Jackson Boots for as long as i can remember soo yeah...with Coronation ace blades...but i should be upgrading my blades soon (double axles :) )

peachy

Rinkside
ive worn risports... they were my first pair of real skates (not from canadian tire) and i guess they were fine... nothing special... and now i have jackson elites, and i love them... ive never had a problem with them... they were heat molded, and breaking them in took like one session... but now im getting new skates because ive had them for like two years

soogar

Record Breaker
anything_for_skating said:
Hmm...so, most of you are skating on American boots... Have any of you ever skated on Risport? What is better- Ridell or Risport? :think:

Risports are hard to get in the states. I tried on a pair in the store and loved them, but they had only one pair and in my opinion, while I loved the padding and suede lining of the Risport, I thought the leather was kind of cheap looking (very thin). My skate fitter said that Risports aren't high quaility. Thoguh maybe that's what Risport sells to the states b/c I see top European and Russian figure skaters in Risports. If I'm not mistaken, Carolina wears them as well.

I can only tell you what I've tried on. I thought the Risport was better than the Ridell. Ridell boots are super stiff (tried the Bronze level and absolutely hated it). Plus I really liked the suede lining and padding of the Risport. I wound up getting Graf dance boots. I really don't care for them b/c they don't fit my heel and I had to doctor them by putting heel liners so my skate will stay in place. I'm making do with them and soon I'll purchase a pair of custom skates. My first pair of skates were SP Teris Super Delux or pro delux with suede lining and a lambswool tongue. All the new SP Teris have clarino lining.

I went way too into this topic, but i just want to b!tch about how much I HATE clarino lining. It makes your feet sweat and the boots stink.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
soogar said:
Risports are hard to get in the states. I tried on a pair in the store and loved them, but they had only one pair and in my opinion, while I loved the padding and suede lining of the Risport, I thought the leather was kind of cheap looking (very thin). My skate fitter said that Risports aren't high quaility. Thoguh maybe that's what Risport sells to the states b/c I see top European and Russian figure skaters in Risports. If I'm not mistaken, Carolina wears them as well.

I can only tell you what I've tried on. I thought the Risport was better than the Ridell. Ridell boots are super stiff (tried the Bronze level and absolutely hated it). Plus I really liked the suede lining and padding of the Risport. I wound up getting Graf dance boots. I really don't care for them b/c they don't fit my heel and I had to doctor them by putting heel liners so my skate will stay in place. I'm making do with them and soon I'll purchase a pair of custom skates. My first pair of skates were SP Teris Super Delux or pro delux with suede lining and a lambswool tongue. All the new SP Teris have clarino lining.

I went way too into this topic, but i just want to b!tch about how much I HATE clarino lining. It makes your feet sweat and the boots stink.

Thanks for your opinion...I skated on Risports and on Vifas and Risports were always very good for me...I had no problems with them. Now I am skating on Vifas and I don't really like it....Well, like it - or not- it's like that, so I am skating on them for last...I think 2 sesons. It's time to buy new boots, so I will probably buy Risports. I've never tryed Ridels, but I would love to it...As I said, here's no where to buy boots, so we are buying them in other countries without trying...:frown:

I've seen Ridels only once, when I was on the camp in Hungary, and Finish coach skated on them. ...hmm...I guess it's better not to risk, it's better simply to buy Risports;)

P.S. Carolina is skating on Grafs, only her biggest fan (ME!) can know that :laugh: ...just joking, but seriously, she is skating on Grafs.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
julietvalcouer said:
My Jacksons are heat-fitted, too. The skate fitter has a special little oven, but supposedly you can refit them using your home oven (one of my coaches did this, with the fitter talking her through it on the phone.) I'm actually thinking of having mine redone to see if it helps.

Reidell's do run a bit narrow. My feet are on the narrower side of average, but when I got my Silver Stars I had to get the split width, with B for the heel (I have fairly narrow heels) and a D width for the ball of the foot! I thought it was odd because I never need a wide width in any shoes, but Reidell's are quite narrow.