View Poll Results: Better quality jumps?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Irina Slutskaya

109 73.65%
  • Tara Lipinski

39 26.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Better quality jumper-Tara or Irina?

Custom Title
    Well, as much as I like Tara (she sure is pretty.... ), I'll have to go with Irina, her jumps look much cleaner, Tara's are kinda sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuranthium
    Irina's jumps are better quality but her transitions are NOT. She takes too long to enter jumps.

Lipinski was way more consistent too.
    Please Lipinski was unable to edge on ice. It was different on rollers which she brought to the ice rink. Look at that 'winning' Oly. Her foot work was two footed and consisted of zig zaging both skates together down the ice. can you see this in CoP?

I really think Tara could have been a very special skater if she wasn't in such a rush, and she would have been healthier, imo.

Joe

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Irina

This is the kind of questions that keeps me away from fan sites. They are designed so that the asker's favorite is the obvious answer. What's next, who has the best spiral Sasha or Amber Corwin or who had the best program skated to Lyra in 1998?

Down With It
    yeah, I detest that too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    This is the kind of questions that keeps me away from fan sites. They are designed so that the asker's favorite is the obvious answer. What's next, who has the best spiral Sasha or Amber Corwin or who had the best program skated to Lyra in 1998?
    It is so obvious why have 38 out of 136 people voted for Tara. Obviously not that obvious to some people.

Banned
    What's next, who has the best spiral Sasha or Amber Corwin or
    That is a silly comparision. Tara has 28% of votes as the better jumper, do you really think Amber would get 28% of the votes on who has the better spiral, between her and Sasha? Maybe 2%.

I find Tara's jumps overrated, and personaly voted for Irina hands down. Still she won an Olympics and Worlds mainly based on her "jumps", she also was very consistent landing 7 triple with triple loop-triple loop, and another triple
    sequence of some sort performances. So the poll is hardly an irrelevant oh-so
    -obvious poll to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21

I find Tara's jumps overrated, and personaly voted for Irina hands down.
    Just curious how many others might think Tara's tiny, cheated, flawed jumps are superior to Irina's quality-wise?
    Your own words indicate that you think Irina is the far
    superior jumper to Tara. It's like you set up the poll for others to validate your high opinion of Irina. IMO that is as silly as comparing Amber and Sasha's spirals. Why not ask for camparisons to someone like Harding, Ito, Onda.....?

Banned
    Your own words indicate that you think Irina is the far
    superior jumper to Tara. It's like you set up the poll for others to validate your high opinion of Irina. IMO that is as silly as comparing Amber and Sasha's spirals. Why not ask for camparisons to someone like Harding, Ito, Onda.....?
    I do strongly feel Tara is an inferior jumper to Irina, however I also had arguments on another forum with SEVERAL people who whole-heartedly disagreed with me on that. Thus I did not genuinely know how the voting would go when I started this poll, and was curious to how many really believe Tara based on consistency doing such high jump difficulty was better as a jumper than Irina. My own early words reflect my own opinion.

Banned
    Why not ask for camparisons to someone like Harding, Ito, Onda.....?
    For the record I just started a poll that does that. :chorus:

Custom Title
    Oh, has the off-season started already? I never would have guessed!

It has to be a most idiotic question ever.

But I'll join in: Who has the best sitsspin? Plushenko or Henie?

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3