Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: Sasha recovering from the flu

  1. #16
    SkateFan4Life
    Guest
    I just hope this isn't a stunt being pulled by Sasha's camp -- you know, if she skates poorly and doesn't win the title, she can use the excuse of battling the flu.
    UGH.

    I feel a fantasy coming on....

    Michelle skates poorly on the 16th and doesn't get the bye for the Olympics.

    Sasha finishes fifth at Nationals, thanks to the flu and competition nerves. She also doesn't receive a bye for the Olympics.

    Alissa, Kimmie, and BeBe win the medals, in that order, and they are named for the Olympic team. This trio of teenagers completely blows the lid off the Olympic skating rink with dynamic perfomances and they sweep the medals!!

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    350

    Today she is feeling better .....

    http://netscape.compuserve.com/sports/story.jsp?floc=MM-pnews&sc=2080&idq=/ff/story/0001/20060111/1733223874.htm

    What I find incredibly interesting is that 78 year old coach, John Nicks, attended baseball and football seminars to figure out how to train her

  3. #18
    Master Procrastinator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Michigan, USA!
    Posts
    918
    Even more interesting is that every report about this morning's LP practice from posters around the net said that Sasha only attempted two different triple jumps, yet Nicks is saying she landed all her triple jumps in that same session. Hmm...the plot thickens .

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    I got issues
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25
    Even more interesting is that every report about this morning's LP practice from posters around the net said that Sasha only attempted two different triple jumps, yet Nicks is saying she landed all her triple jumps in that same session. Hmm...the plot thickens .
    Honest to god he is so obnoxious with the hype! I hate so see what he has to say when Sasha loses.

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    902

    Some of You....

    Some of you people are pathetic. Get over yourselves. Quite a few of the comments on this thread are extremely shabby and say quite a bit about the poster and NOT Sasha. Instead of the vitriol , how about a "get well soon Sasha."

  6. #21
    bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,197
    if she has the flu get well, if she has a bad head cold, get well, if it's shingles again, get well. It's just that she and her coach have used these illnesses in the past as an excuse for why she didn't skate her best. I hope she heals compleely for her skate. If she doesn't, don't blame the head cold.

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    I got issues
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    Some of you people are pathetic. Get over yourselves. Quite a few of the comments on this thread are extremely shabby and say quite a bit about the poster and NOT Sasha. Instead of the vitriol , how about a "get well soon Sasha."
    Maybe we've all just heard the "I had shingles" and "I had pneumonia" and "I had the bubonic plague" one too many times, remember the little boy who cried wolf?

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    902

    Enough

    She is not a liar and neither is her coach. That's what you would have to believe if you don't believe she has a cold or the flu. Now why for the love of GOD is it easier to believe she is lying, than to believe she is telling the truth. The flu and the common cold are rampant this time of year so give the kid a break. If she claimed to have the plague you would have a point, but she didn't, and you don't.

  9. #24
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,207
    Well, perhaps it's better that she get the flu now. The Olympic village is infamous for the flu. It's a big party, people overdue it and don't get enough rest and are in close quarters. I think that's why many of the ladies usually go off site during part of the Olympics since their event is so late - they need to get away from the 'fun' andconcentrate on what's ahead and get enough rest, etc.

    As others have pointed out, the flu vaccine does not protect you from everything. Also, some people have bad reactions to the vaccines and are better off risking possibly getting the flu as opposed to definitely having the flu (because you are given the flu in the vaccine). My aunt never had the flu. One year, the prediction was for a really bad flu and she had many big projects at work. She decided to get the vaccine and ended up in the emergency room because her body reacted to it so violently. To this day, she has not gotten the flu other than that one year.

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TN,USA
    Posts
    119
    If you think she's faking why don't you go to the competition and let her cough in your face and then when you come down with it...let's see if she was faking.

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    I got issues
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    She is not a liar and neither is her coach. That's what you would have to believe if you don't believe she has a cold or the flu. Now why for the love of GOD is it easier to believe she is lying, than to believe she is telling the truth. The flu and the common cold are rampant this time of year so give the kid a break. If she claimed to have the plague you would have a point, but she didn't, and you don't.
    Apparently you've never heard of sarcasm. But basically, asside from the plague comment WHICH WAS CLEARLY MEANT AS A JOKE, I meant what I said. CampCohen(tm) makes a big deal over everything, to the point where it really does sound like they are all making excuses. FYI, the flu is not rampant this time of year. More common than during summer months, yes, but like I said before the true flu (which I absolutely do not think that Sasha has) is far less common than is believed by the general public. Sasha's symptoms and her quick recovery are not consistant with those of the real honest to goodness influenza virus. I still say it is nothing more than a cold, and they are blowing everything out of proportion just to cover their asses incase she self-destructs again.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    902

    You Are...

    You are an i---t. I am a health care professional and you clearly are not. The flu shots are given in the fall and early winter because that's when the flu is most prevalent at this time of year. Get your facts right before you speak. Furthermore, a bad cold can lay you flat in bed for a week. You are just one very mean spirited individual with an axe to grind.
    Last edited by kyla2; 01-11-2006 at 11:59 PM.

  13. #28
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    She is not a liar and neither is her coach. That's what you would have to believe if you don't believe she has a cold or the flu. Now why for the love of GOD is it easier to believe she is lying, than to believe she is telling the truth. The flu and the common cold are rampant this time of year so give the kid a break. If she claimed to have the plague you would have a point, but she didn't, and you don't.

    Totally agreed, and I have to say I find some of the comments in this thread disturbing. So she's said before that she's had illnesses in the last five or six years. Um, so have I, and I'm not lying about it. Why would anyone assume she is?

  14. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    I got issues
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    You are an i---t. I am a health care professional and you clearly are not. The flu shots are given in the fall and early winter because that's when the flu is most prevalent at this time of year. Get your facts right before you speak. Furthermore, a bad cold can lay you flat in bed for a week. You are just one very mean spirited individual with an axe to grind.
    And I have my degree in biology, and that included courses in Immunology and Virology. Yes, we all know when the flu is more prevalent, did I not just say that yes this is the time of year when you see it? Get your eyes checked. But I repeat, the REAL INFLUENZA VIRUS is NOT as common as is believed by the general public. People get a little fever and a sniffle and immediately assume that they have the flu, when in fact it is more likely one of thousands of cold viruses. And yes, a bad cold is unpleasant, but it cannot compare with the flu. I am not mean spirited, I am just telling what I know, and that from what I can see Sasha is blowing this cold out of proportion, as are her fans.
    Last edited by Mathman; 01-12-2006 at 03:11 AM.

  15. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    I got issues
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by rain
    Totally agreed, and I have to say I find some of the comments in this thread disturbing. So she's said before that she's had illnesses in the last five or six years. Um, so have I, and I'm not lying about it. Why would anyone assume she is?
    Because her illnesses always come at a convenient time i.e. when she has not skated well. That's where my problem lies, she is ALWAYS "sick" when she's not performing well. Once or twice I could understand, but it happens all the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •