Sasha Cohen and Project Runway | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen and Project Runway

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
[Moderators - Please feel free to move if this is not the appropriate area]

Project Runway is a show on Bravo in which aspiring fashion designers compete for a prize that includes an apprenticeship with Banana Republic, a new car, and money to design their own line for women. It's like The Apprentice for designers, with weekly challenges to design outfits. Last week they all had to design an outfit for Nicky Hilton. The previous week they worked in teams of 3 to come up with a line of lingerie.

As we all know, Sasha is really into fashion. At the end of tonight's episode they showed a preview for next week's show. All the designers received a package, then they were at an ice rink where they met our beloved Sasha. It looks like they will be designing a costume for Sasha. Some of the comments they played in the preview were 'showing too much skin' and 'disco Vegas' - can't wait to see the outfits.

This got me to thinking: When will Sasha wear this outfit? My guess is she plans to wear this for an exhibition. Will she wear it at Nationals? Or debut the outfit at the Olympics?

I'm not sure when these shows were filmed. My guess is mid to late summer. Heidi Klum is the host. She had a baby last fall but is very pregnant in the show.

I'm sure there'll be more discussion next week after the episode airs.

~Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Last edited:

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
This got me to thinking: When will Sasha wear this outfit? My guess is she plans to wear this for an exhibition. Will she wear it at Nationals? Or debut the outfit at the Olympics?

I'm not sure when these shows were filmed. My guess is mid to late summer. Heidi Klum is the host. She had a baby last fall but is very pregnant in the show.

I'm sure there'll be more discussion next week after the episode airs.

~Herm (sk8ngnutt)

The shows were filmed earlier this season than last so they'd be completed before Heidi Klum had her baby. It was probably filmed over the summer. I personally can't wait to see what Santino creates. :rock: The guy's a jerk, but his designs are cool.

I'll bet the costume isn't really super functional. My guess is Sasha will wear it in an exhibition. Obviously, she can't wear it until the show airs, because that would give it away.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Well, I just hope she doesn't pick something Santino designs. I don't like his designs or him. I can hardly wait to see what they come up with.:clap:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I like watching this show (for whatever reason). I too can't stand Santino"s designs, would never ever wear anything he has created:disapp:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What night and time is this show on???

Dee

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Sasha and Project Runway

hrmsk8ngnutt -

Many thanks for the heads up...... I will so be watching! I really think Emmet is going to create a great costume for Sasha. Santino for sure will create something completely him, completely inappropriate and provide great laughs along the way. Can't wait for the stitches to fly!

Tenorguy

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Dee4707 said:
What night and time is this show on???

Dee
Wednesday nights on Bravo at 10:00 PM Eastern and Pacific. You can check out the Bravo website at www.bravotv.com for more information. If you miss it, don't worry as they do repeat the shows often.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Herm, I really would like to watch the show.

Dee

Longhornliz

Final Flight
This is great exposure for her, and I'm sure she will enjoyed the process because of her interest in design. Maybe when she has won her olympic gold medal she will retire, go to parsons and become the Valentino or Channel of skating designs?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I doubt she'd wear it for either Nationals or Olympics. I'd guess it would be for some show, or perhaps CoI.

CDMM1991

Medalist
I think it very well might be possible that Sasha could be a very successful skating dress designer in the future. She has designed many of her own dresses, and although a lot of them are not extremely flattering on her because of her body type, they are very beautiful and could look exquisite on the right skater. I'm not even sure if this is an endeavour she has in mind, but I think she definitely has potential in this field.

Linny

Final Flight
Potential?

When a designer creates something for a specific person, it should be flattering for that specific person.
Linny

CDMM1991

Medalist
Linny said:
When a designer creates something for a specific person, it should be flattering for that specific person.
Linny

I realize this, and what I am saying is that the kind of designs Sasha has done in the past would be flattering on many people, so if she designed for the right people she would be successful. This is what i mean by potential.

Justafan

On the Ice
realistic51 said:
Well, I just hope she doesn't pick something Santino designs. I don't like his designs or him. I can hardly wait to see what they come up with.:clap:

No kidding...he is really full of himself. But you know they won't dare cut him because he brings the drama.

Justafan

On the Ice
CDMM1991 said:
I think it very well might be possible that Sasha could be a very successful skating dress designer in the future. She has designed many of her own dresses, and although a lot of them are not extremely flattering on her because of her body type, they are very beautiful and could look exquisite on the right skater. I'm not even sure if this is an endeavour she has in mind, but I think she definitely has potential in this field.

I like her costume last night in the SP. Sort of had that gypsyish look like Tanith wears...but shorter of course.

Justafan

On the Ice
dlkksk8fan said:
I like watching this show (for whatever reason). I too can't stand Santino"s designs, would never ever wear anything he has created:disapp:

I like some of his stuff..it's him that I find revolting.

Jasper

Final Flight
Yes, I've been anticipating her episode for quite some time.

I don't think Santino is her style at all because he overdesigns and his dresses are too intricate, complex, and, IMO, very unflattering on most women. Sasha likes simple and pretty. I can't wait to see who she picks.

I heard on the Project Runway forums that the dress was meant to be worn at US Nationals, but the problem is that Nationals are before the episode airs... so we might see the winning dress before next week and thus we will know very early during the show who wins! That's a problem.

Could the dress be the one she wore during the SP? I thought it was very nice, especially the color and the skirt. Plus, it is different than the dress she had typically been wearing for "Dark Eyes."

Viva la Project Runway! (Go Kara.)

Jasper

Final Flight
Justafan said:
No kidding...he is really full of himself. But you know they won't dare cut him because he brings the drama.

Yeah, they'll let him go to Fashion Week because he's good for TV ratings with all his drama and bitchery and jealousy, but they won't let him win because he's too difficult to work with.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I was wondering about that blue dress being the Project Runway winner, though if it's like the awards-show dress from the first season of the show, it might be somewhat altered from the designer's conception. I had thought when I watched the first season of the show it would be neat to see them do a skating costume, though I also was kind of curious about how they'd handle some of the logistics--that is has to cover more than some haute fashion does, material that can stretch and breathe, no stuff likely to fall off, right length, etc.

Though watching the OD yesterday, I had to think--Tanith's dress looked like a PR "out". It managed to make HER look hippy. (As in wide hips, not flower-child.) Heh, now THERE would be a true challenge for Project Runway--tasteful ice dance outfits.

Justafan

On the Ice
Well hopefully they won't turn out like the lingeree outfits they did...they were mostly all pretty horrid.