If Irina were to NOT show up at the Olys... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If Irina were to NOT show up at the Olys...

soogar

Record Breaker
shdotz said:

So true; all she has to do is fall once.

shdotz

Unless she's Jeff, then she can fall twice and still win a medal.

I don't think that COP is as hard on falls as the old system. Even if she falls once, she can get into the mindset of rallying to get as many points on all of her other elements as possible and wind up in the medals.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
SkateFan4Life said:
Rochette isn't consistent, unfortunately. I can't see her winning at medal at the Olympics. Sorry.

Your picks of Slutskaya, Arakawa, and Cohen could be correct. We will all soon see what happens!

I admitted I couldnt pick Rochette, even as a dark horse. I said I would love to, not that I did. Even with pretty clean skates like Eric Bompard the judges are not too moved by her on the international level.

R.D.

Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
Absolutely. And if she falls once, especially in the short program, and everyone else skates a clean short, she may be out of the medals.

To be quite honest, I don't think it's THAT bleak. Sure, she might lose a few points here and there, but I think the possibility of a "holding up" is pretty likely, given that she's the world silver medallist.

A choke by Cohen may put her in 2nd or 3rd place. But IMO it would take a real meltdown to not be on the podium. It would truly be her undoing.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
To be quite honest, I don't think it's THAT bleak. Sure, she might lose a few points here and there, but I think the possibility of a "holding up" is pretty likely, given that she's the world silver medallist.

A choke by Cohen may put her in 2nd or 3rd place. But IMO it would take a real meltdown to not be on the podium. It would truly be her undoing.

Yeah I have a feeling in the international judges minds right now Slutskaya is clearly #1, and Cohen clearly #2. Arakawa had a chance to re-assert herself closer to them but blew it by missing the GP final. Kwan has fallen further behidn missing the GP series, and Suguri has lost more ground with another dissapointing GP series and missing the final again herself. Kostner has done little to establish her World bronze last year was not a flukish result.