Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Natls - Sr Men SPs

Custom Title
    Johnny Weir Oh yes. He is back. GO JOHNNY!

Custom Title
    Weir was awesome. So much for all the critics who said he was a headcase and incapable of holding it together.

Custom Title
    Johnny was wonderful!! I do remember the swan costume that Alexi Urmonov wore for his LP the year he won the Oly gold medal. I hated the puffy sleeves on it..lol
    Rohene Ward is definatly one to watch. I really enjoyed him. Although, he doesn't get the best looking guy award....Ryan Bradley does...lol

Custom Title
    Can't argue with the placments much though I think Matt's PCS scores were low compared to Tim's. Would love to see Matt make the team but the judges just don't seem to get him or fully appreciate him. Wow for Weiss. Have never liked his skating but this program really suits him. He was very..well..mobile. And really seemed to enjoy skating for once - seemed so much less stiff. Johnny is just gorgeous on ice. Evan is a sweet guy and really skates full out but just seems to gawky to me. I much prefer Matt and Johnny over him.

Johnny Weir has such control over his body. His jumps look like he is being lifted into the air by some other-worldly power. Astonishing performance.

MM

Tripping on the Podium
    It was a pure delight to see Johnny do what only he can do. The flow, the attention to detail and just beautiful skating. And the jumps weren't bad either. The way he lands and holds his edge is just breathtaking.

I think Matt is also a wonderful skater, and I agree, underrated. I think he's really been hurt by the years he was sent to worlds and did poorly, and lots of injuries, and the judges don't always give him his due. Remember how he blew Mike and Johhny away at the Marshall comps! And all the "judges" agreed about that, although the public didn't get it. He is all about transitions, edges and flow. It is too bad he fell, but look at the attack and speed of rotation in that jump. He has had a tendency to be slightly lethargic in the past, so I loved seeing him attack.

Mike did so well, but I can't help feeling that it was lucky. His jumps have been so off for so long.

Evan is terrific, too. He needs to become more subtle and sophisticated with his movment and musicality, and that will be nice to see. Any three of these guys will make a terrific Olympic team., but I'm going for Johhny, Matt and Evan.

Custom Title
    I absolutely loved Rohene Ward. Love him! Fresh and new (to me that is). I certainly hope we get to see his LP, but the way things work, that's highly unlikely.

Matt Savoie just doesn't get credit for his beautiful skating.

I still do not like Michael Weiss' skating, but I will say I was impressed with his SP last night. Must be the first time since I've seen him skate that I was impressed with any of his programs.

Johnny is back! Woohoo! Love to watch this guy.

And Ryan Bradley-why do they always keep the hunks hidden? Hmmmmm, eye candy!

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
    Johnny...exquisite, stunning, superb...I think I have already rewatched this program 6 times!

I love to watch Matt, bummer about the fall...ITA about the judges never giving him godd marks.

Was that Michael Weiss? The best I have seen him do...he is hardly my favorite but I found myself applauding everything he did!

Rohene...oh please be more consistant with your jumps so we can enjoy you more! So much talent, loved the way he moved, great choreography!

Too bad Evan fell, looking forward to seeing his LP. Hope he skates well enough to make the team.

eliza88

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eliza88
    Rohene...oh please be more consistant with your jumps so we can enjoy you more! So much talent, loved the way he moved, great choreography!
    eliza88
    I loved watching the practice session with Rohene in his white tank shirt.

Eliza88, I agree about Rohene getting more consistent with his jumps and then we can enjoy him more. I am just hoping they show his LP. Last night they said he choreographed his program.

Dee

Big Whoop for Michael Weiss...........Hey Toni and RGal..........Mikey's in 2nd place!!!! 42

Custom Title

Men

Johnnie Weir was magnificent-a program for the ages. I also loved Matt Savoie, one of the finest skaters in the world to me. He is elegant and his music is beautiful. I was heartbroken for him when he fell on that axel. i really hope he makes it to the Olympics, he deserves a spot.

Matt could benefit from a stylist....he always looks al ittle touseled, like he just rolled out of bed. Mike Weiss needs to control his hair a bit it looked like it was channeling Maria Petrova.

Custom Title
    Rohene is such a YUM! He looks like my old flame Edward G and that's a compliment! I hope they show his free skate, too !!!!

My 2 favorite performances of the evening were Johnny's & Ryan Bradley's. I love Bradley's exuberance. He always puts a smile on my face watching him. Weir was magnificent. He is breath taking to watch. I was disappointed in not seeing Scott Smith's performance. He's more consistent than Ward & just as pleasant to watch.

I'm not a Johnny fan, but last nights sp really won me over. It was so fluid and effortless, wonderful to watch.

for Mike Weiss, hope he has a good long program.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast