Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Nationals - Ladies Short Program - LIVE!!!!!!! with PBP

Quote Originally Posted by rjulie510
    Can anyone explain why Emily was placed ahead of Bebe? Bebe was totally clean while Emily had a problem in her combination jump. And it's not like Emily's spins and footwork are better than Bebe's.

Good question........I'm not up on the CoP......anyone have an idea? 42

Custom Title
    I would've put bebe over Emily too. Bebe was on fire. I'll wait to see in what critirias that Emily beat Bebe.

Not the droid you're looking for
    BeBe was incredible! I'm so happy for her, and I hope she holds it together in the long. I'd love to see her go to Italy.
    My heart broke for Amber. Falling apart after landing the 3/3!
    Emily looked great - I'm starting to like this kid.
    I liked Rosenthal! Different is nice. And what energy!
    I still can't get into Kimmie. Sorry.
    And now, a rant. What does Sasha have to do to make Dick and Peggy happy? They dissected her program with way too much relish for my taste. She skated cleaner than we've seen in a while. She looked great and it was a fine performance. I love the new costume. I didn't even notice the slight errors that were pointed out, but you'd have thought she'd fallen from the commentary. And the harping on Michelle's absence has already become obnoxious, and we still have the long programs to get through. I've always resisted taking sides in the endless Sasha/Michelle discussions, but some of the coverage tonight struck me as downright unfair. She's a two-time World Silver Medalist, for crying out loud! Show some respect.
    Just one more little rant: why can't we get extended coverage of the men's event? Everyone knows it's the best.
    A pair or two would have been nice, too...
    xoxo
    Rave

Custom Title
    Emily and Bebe are only a point apart. Bebe really screwed up that last combo spin. I'd give her a negative on that one.

I want to know how Alissa got higher tech scores than Kimmie when she fell twice? I know that it is because she's got higher spin levels and fell on the 2 axel and the 3 flip and didn't mess up the combo like Kimmie. I swear she underotated that 3 flip she fell on. Need to watch that again. I was sure that Alissa was in the 40's for sure.

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole_l
    Stephanie Rosenthal looked like Star Wars Kid.
    I predict a long prosperous professional career for this person. She probably won't have much amateur success, however. Most judges simply do not take kindly to that sort of...of...well, whatever it was.[/CENTER]

Master Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by rjulie510
    Can anyone explain why Emily was placed ahead of Bebe? Bebe was totally clean while Emily had a problem in her combination jump. And it's not like Emily's spins and footwork are better than Bebe's.
    Wish I knew. I thought Bebe should have been in second only a few points off from Sasha. Definitely deserves the "wuz robbed" chant.

Pretty poorly skated ladies SP all around. Only Bebe skated clean. Yes, Sasha stayed on her feet, but boy was she ever slow! I know she has been sick, but the fact remains that she was slow. And has she landed that 3flip clean once this season? Still, for what she has been through it wasn't a bad performance. I love the skirt on her new dress but really don't like the top. The flowers went nice with the skirt.

It was great seeing all those other skaters, but I will be interested in seeing the ratings for ESPN. I bet they won't do the SP's live again. I would guess that the average viewer kept turning the channel.

Sasha wasn't at her strongest, but the quality of her moves was clearly the class of the field. Deservedly in first place, but only a moderate lead -- I think that's about right. Alissa has the artistry but is a terribly inconsistent jumper. Kimmie was pretty good but still has some developing to do. Emily was better and Bebe absolutely tore it up. Her performance was my overall favorite.

Based on these performances, I think Michelle Kwan should get a bye if she is healthy.

[CENTER]Man, that audience shot of Angela Nikodinov had to be the saddest moment in the history of skating on television. She looked so forlorn. Why wasn't somebody there to hug her?[/CENTER]

Custom Title
    I Tivo-ed this, and I am irritated because it ran over and the Tivo shut off. It ran over the time because they showed EVERYTHING (and Sasha twice!) Luckily, I got home in time to see Bebe's incredible skate. Unfortunately, I can't go back and re-watch becuase she skated later in the broadcast.

Master Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    [CENTER]Man, that audience shot of Angela Nikodinov had to be the saddest moment in the history of skating on television. She looked so forlorn. Why wasn't somebody there to hug her?[/CENTER]
    I agree! It was heartbreaking. She may not have been thinking anything at the time the camera caught her, but she can not be having good feelings about being there a year after her mother's death. :(

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I thought Sasha was wonderful.........and she is just so beautiful. I think Bebe should have placed 2nd. Right now I just don't like Emily's skating. She is so choppy....I know it is not a skating term but that's how I see it.

Dee

Custom Woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyora
    I found Stephanie entertaining but I couldn't help think of Napoleon Dynamite
    A poster after my own heart! Or maybe not...I thought Napoleon Dynamite rocked, lol.

Seriously, though. Whatever you think of Stephanie's music, choreography, and/or skating, she looked as if she was having a genuine blast out there. And oh my heck! She's from Utah!

Though her interpretation of "Rockit" doesn't quite come up to Ilia Kulik's. But then, I'm biased. Still for Stephanie's energy and guts. This is one of the things I love about seeing USNs live. We'd never see any of these "outside the box" skaters if the competition was taped.

Rgirl
    Last edited by Rgirl; 01-13-2006 at 12:14 AM.

Custom Title
    Even if Sasha wasn't at her strongest...she is so head and shoulders above the rest of the US womens field. She brings such a grace and elegance to the sport. I agree..I could see Bebe being in second and Emily third. I felt so bad for Alissa. She has such a strong showing earlier in the year.

Custom Title
    I agree Sasha is on a totally different level than the other ladies. I would have placed Be Be above Emily myself. Although I found both extremely charming.

I too feel for Angela. She could have easially been in second.

Luv Deep Edges!
    RGirl - ITA!

For the poster who couldn't quite figure out what kind of choreography Stephanie was doing, its called - hip hop. Don't mean to be sarcastic, but come on now, hip hop as a style, movement whatever is now over 20 years old and is a legitimate expression.

This girl can really dance! I thought there was really good and original content - she moved from the core and not just the pelvis. Now, the jumps....?

Just goes to show ya, girls from Utah can get funky.

Angela - that was so very sad to see and rather disturbing to hear that her hand injury is still a factor. That did not make me happy.

So Sasha - go Emily - go BeBe - Allisa, don't give up!

Tenorguy

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast