Senior pairs short results | Golden Skate

Senior pairs short results

rain

Record Breaker
Here are the results from the senior short pairs

www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_result...ults.cfm?strcat=Senior&strdisp=Pair&strlang=E

Great event! Well skated by everyone. I'm disappointed for Putnam and Wirtz as I thought they might be able to have a break-through year, but with everyone else skating so well their mistake really cost them. Hope they can come back strong in the long. Their LP performance at Skate America is one of the Pairs highlights of the season for me.

Didn't necessarily think that Marcoux and Buntin deserved to be as far ahead of the others as they are.....

Kara Bear

Final Flight
It looked great on my tv set. . . it must have been awesome watching it live. Its nice to see such strong skating from the top 4 teams! Bummer about P&W. . . they have always been one of my favorites.

chania36

On the Ice
Yes, you are right about that. P&W, they are so good and to skate like this tonight, I felt for them, I am happy for Langlois though.... P&W, they should have kept a more romantic style like we use to see them, I felt that they were not comfortable at all in that program...

rain

Record Breaker
chania36 said:
Yes, you are right about that. P&W, they are so good and to skate like this tonight, I felt for them, I am happy for Langlois though.... P&W, they should have kept a more romantic style like we use to see them, I felt that they were not comfortable at all in that program...

I also thought it looked a little busy, but that might have been a function of the fact that things weren't going their way technically. Loved the footwork to death.

Dube and Davison really impressed. This team has future world champions written all over them. They are already doing some of the highest level difficulty tricks, and also manage to really skate together well as a pair.

Langlois and Hay looked wonderful - especially for such a new team. The long, I think, will be a real test for them, as that's often where the cracks show a bit more with brand new teams.

All in all, I'm very excited and thrilled with the depth of the pairs field in Canada.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
chania36 said:

I agree to some extent, although it is good to see them take a chance and really get into some challenging choreography. Having a program choreographed by an ice dancer is a refreshing change for pairs. I think they just need a little more mileage under their belts. I also wondered if Sean had slipped on some debris from the ceiling. They mentioned the debris problem a couple of times. One would think the city would have had the ceiling and roof repaired before the Canadians!

I thoroughly enjoyed the pairs event. We have some wonderful pair teams coming up.

mike79

On the Ice
I was extremely impressed with the top four groups, although I wouldn't have M&B as far ahead as they are. D&D are very strong and could seriously challenge in the future.

I'm so happy for Langlois and Hay. To be doing this well in your first season together shows that they have a very strong shot at the title sooner that later.

P&W's footwork was to die for.

rain

Record Breaker
mike79 said:
I was extremely impressed with the top four groups, although I wouldn't have M&B as far ahead as they are. D&D are very strong and could seriously challenge in the future.

Yes, this was my one quibble with the results. The judges gave M&B a fairly big cushion going into the long and I didn't think they really deserved it. I thought the other top teams were really close to them in quality and should have been closer in marks. Defending champions points, perhaps? It's enough that they'll have to have a complete meltdown in the long to lose the title. Should have been closer.