Your Thoughts On The Costumes...Best/Worst?? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Your Thoughts On The Costumes...Best/Worst??

nubka

Final Flight
Another half-ripped away bodice for Tanith in the free dance...eek!! I guess I'm just old and boring, but I honestly don't see why a female skater would want her dress to look like part of it came off, with her bra showing through...?

I really liked both Corwin and Cohen's costumes, but when I saw Bebe's, that did it for me...luuuuv that dress!! I wish it had brought her better luck tonight.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Nubka ITA BeBe's dress was beautiful. Was it brown or burgandy? Either way it was just gorgeous. I also loved Kimmie's. A great improvment over the other one that reminded me of those monkeys with the boleros on.

nubka

Final Flight
I honestly don't know what color it was...at first I thought it was black, but I know that's not correct. Maybe the dark burgandy?

Lcp88

On the Ice
I also really didn't like Stephanie Rosenthals dress - it was tacky and immature looking on her. She was a really nice skater to watch, but I felt like I was at a local ice show with one of the little 5 year old groups taking the ice with the silvery/rainbow thing.

Emily's was very simple and pretty; Kimmie's was only so-so. I loved the color, but not the mesh/sparkly in the middle, even though she was the Queen of Sheba or whatever.

I actually kinda liked Tim Goebels FS outfit....it was Fantasia music, after all:p

IDLERACER

Medalist
JOHIO2 said:
Amber's Breakfast at Tiffany's look went with her program much better last year, when she actually skated so much better.
The only thing that was missing from the ensemble was a long black cigarette holder.

nubka

Final Flight
I kind of wonder why both of Emily's dress were blue...I guess she just likes that color! I liked her SP long-sleaved dress better, though...

IDLERACER

Medalist
equestrianguy said:
Is "Camille" taking over Johnny's mind? LOL I almost fell in the floor laughing when Kurt Browning said Johnny named his orange/red glove Camille..lol So that is why he has had all of these interesting comments. Has anyone ever seen the South Park episode where Cartman's hand become Jennifer Lopez? lol Well there you have it!!! Camille has taken over Johnny...:rofl:
I hope those guys were watching this competition. Who knows? Maybe next season Mr. Garrison will show up with another hand puppet named "Mr. Beak" :biggrin:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
The only thing that was missing from the ensemble was a long black cigarette holder.

Maybe she had it during practice sessions, then it went flying out of her mouth during a triple and went flying across the ice and someone else almost skated over it, so it had to go.....

Johnny's costumes are way too 70s for my taste, tho at least this year he didn't have about 19 pounds of crap hanging off of it into the bargain.

There was something about Emily's SP dress that made her overall look remind me of a teenage Irina Slutskaya. I think it was the hairstyle she had, too.

Actually, I was rather disappointed; I didn't see anything that really made me drop my jaw in disgust, and really, seeing hideous outfits is about 20% of the fun of watching a competition. I'm still trying to figure out if I like Sasha's LP dress or not. Very unusual color.

nubka

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
Actually, I was rather disappointed; I didn't see anything that really made me drop my jaw in disgust, and really, seeing hideous outfits is about 20% of the fun of watching a competition. I'm still trying to figure out if I like Sasha's LP dress or not. Very unusual color.

On my tv, the color of Cohen's dress was a kind of champange color, with gold accents. I thought it looked great on her.

terriskates

Rinkside
Ogre Mage said:
I love Johnny Weir's skating, but his outfit looked like Michael Jackson doing Swan Lake. I think he should skate a number to Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady."

ROTFLMAO!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's a good one1
Now, will it be announced in Torino, "Representing the United States, Johnny Weir and Camille?"

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
terriskates said:
ROTFLMAO!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's a good one1
Now, will it be announced in Torino, "Representing the United States, Johnny Weir and Camille?"

In a pinch Johnny and Camille can always fill in if one of the pairs has to withdraw.

Jhar55

Medalist
I think Tiffany's polda dress was just tacky I mean with the middle cut out it just didn't fit and everyone around me thought the same thing. Just because you got money to spend on costumes doesn't mean you have good taste choosing them.
Didn't like Katie O's sp costumes either.
Sasha's sp, was the same as last years but in blue instead of red. Her LP beautiful :agree: she very classy.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Tanith's patriotic ensemble

First, let me say she wore the flag well...and Ben just looked hot. The kid makes me feel like a pervy old lady, which makes me cringe a bit.
When Tanith ripped off her jacket to reveal her very revealing flag outfit, I wondered if any of the Congresspeople who assisted her in her struggles for citizenship cringed a bit as well. (Especially if any of them support the flag desecration amendment!)
And was I the only one thinking, at the end of their exhibition, "She'd better not let that flag touch the ice!" She did!
Naughty new citizen!
:rofl:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
equestrianguy said:
Well there you have it!!! Camille has taken over Johnny...:rofl:
..........and Camille has gotten Johnny into some trouble......:rofl: :rofl:

Dee

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ravyn Rant said:
First, let me say she wore the flag well...and Ben just looked hot. The kid makes me feel like a pervy old lady, which makes me cringe a bit.
When Tanith ripped off her jacket to reveal her very revealing flag outfit, I wondered if any of the Congresspeople who assisted her in her struggles for citizenship cringed a bit as well. (Especially if any of them support the flag desecration amendment!)
And was I the only one thinking, at the end of their exhibition, "She'd better not let that flag touch the ice!" She did!
Naughty new citizen!
:rofl:
Ravyn, I was thinking the same thing about the flag. They were holding it the correct way though when they took their bows.

Dee

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I never thought I would get bored snarking at costumes. I gotta say that sitting through the entire Yankee Polkafest has numbed me, at least for the moment, about other costumes. :p

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My feeling is......if I had a body like anyone one of the ladies who skated and could fit in anyone of their outfits.........hey then they're all FANTASTIC costumes........:rofl: 42

soogar

Record Breaker
Katy Taylor had the prettiest LP dress. Those sparkles caught the light perfectly.

I also loved Rosenthal's tie dyed dress for the LP.

Emily's dresses for both the LP and SP were stunning. Then again, all of Emily's costumes this year (save for the CoR LP dress) were beautiful.

Whenever I see Sasha with that LP dress, I want her to get silicon cups to fill that bodice. Her chest is already concave with all the dieting she's doing and that bodice just makes it worse.

Why dont' the American girls wear bodysuits? At Russian Nats, many of the competitors were wearing bodysuits. Are the US judges that conservative that they frown upon a girl wearing a bodysuit? I mean, a bodysuit covers more than a dress and is more becoming.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Not sure what the USFS's rule is but I would like to see all of the SP's skated in them. It would make it easier to compare line. One would have looked really great for Stephanie R.'s SP.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Ok, let's see. I liked Sasha's bottom of her SP dress and wished it had continued to the top. I haven't figured out why she wears such deep V cuts, but oh well. I do NOT like that pale color on her for her LP dress. It's pretty, but a different color wouldn't make her look like she disappeared into the dress completely.

I liked both of Emily's outfits and Katy Taylor's and Bebe Liang's. Did not like Amber's tiara at all. Don't like Michael Weiss' long hair blowin' in the wind. I liked Stephanie's tie-dyed dress for her LP.

I liked Kimmie's LP dress as well. All the rest of them are a blur in my head.