Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts On The Costumes...Best/Worst??

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Most disliked:

M&Z's Yankee Polka Outfits-tomato soup colored with an absolutely enormous white bow on Morgan's back. Of course, with polka, bad is good...

Katie Orscher's bullseye SP outfit

Sasha's SP. She's wearing my upstairs bathmat as a skirt, what's with that?
    If it's to be gypsy, she should change around the bodice. As it is, it looks like she wrapped the bathmat around one of her regular costumes.

Jaime Silverstein's polka outfit looked like she sewed sequins on the game room couch pillows and capped it with a nylon curtain in yellow wrapped around the top. It kept getting loose and flopping around, which I'm sure was distracting to her.

Tim and Parker's race to the bottom on having the worst costume for a short man. And why does every swing costume have to have an untied bowtie on it somewhere???

I like Alissa's costume..and Amber's. But I'm old enough to have watched Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Custom Title
    Best -

Tanith - flirty frou-frou number...absolutely perfect for Latin Ballroom.

Sasha - a much-improved blue version of her old red 'Dark Eyes' dress. WOW!

Kimmie - Very, very sleek black dress...looked like a fashion model out there

Worst -

Emily - MATRONLY!!!!

Rosenthal - great program BUT.....wrong look, from top to bottom!!!! Why the ballet bun? She should have had a very trendy, assymetrical hairdo. Old-fashioned long-sleeve dress, even though the metalic fabric was a nod to the theme. Not enough.

Amber - kill the tiara! I almost felt sorry for her...as if she werew willing herself to be the 'queen' by wearing that silly thing. Pathetic. To skate as poorly as she did made it all worse.

I'm only sorry that ESPN2 didn't show us any of the Yankee Polka CDs...then we would have had a LOT of outfits to laugh over!

I love Johnny Weir's skating, but his outfit looked like Michael Jackson doing Swan Lake. I think he should skate a number to Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady."

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre Mage
    I love Johnny Weir's skating, but his outfit looked like Michael Jackson doing Swan Lake. I think he should skate a number to Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady."
    I took one look at that and thought to myself..."Hey look, a new invention...a Kabbalah Glove."

Custom Title
    I'm not sure, but I think it was Megan Williams-Stewart who wore a purple dress that looked lovely on her. And I know you guys will thing I'm really square, but I thought the flower girl costumes were so cute!

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=DORISPULASKI]Most disliked:

If it's to be gypsy, she should change around the bodice. As it is, it looks like she wrapped the bathmat around one of her regular costumes.

My grandma has the curtains to go with that bathmat.. If your interested she might sell them to you.. LOL

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Yes, Tanith's dress was 'flirty', if the "half of my dress has been ripped off" effect appeals to you... It looked as though she couldn't decide...dress on, dress ripped off, etc.

Actually, I guess having part of your dress ripped off (while dancing,) with the bra showing through would be pretty racy. Maybe her partner was soooo enthralled by her charms, that he just couldn't resist ripping away her dress!

Yes, I'm waaaay old enough to remember "Breakfast At Tiffany's", heck, I even have a copy of it on vhs...the tiara still looks dumb.

The ice dancers dresses are no more revealing or garish than any dresses worn for ballroom dance competetion. As far as showing some skin, these gals are young and have great bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI
    M&Z's Yankee Polka Outfits-tomato soup colored with an absolutely enormous white bow on Morgan's back. Of course, with polka, bad is good...

Katie Orscher's bullseye SP outfit

Jaime Silverstein's polka outfit looked like she sewed sequins on the game room couch pillows and capped it with a nylon curtain in yellow wrapped around the top. It kept getting loose and flopping around, which I'm sure was distracting to her.
    Thanks, Doris P, you made my day.

MM

Custom Title
    I thought the tiara was silly looking, too. But on the other hand, if she skated well, it might've worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller
    Amber - kill the tiara!
    It's obvious what she was going for. She and Audrey Hepburn have the exact same body type, and she was skating to "Moon River." It simply turned out to be one of those ideas that looked alot better on paper than it did when actually demonstrated. At least there was some sort of creativity at work there.

Custom Title
    One outfit I really liked that hasn't been mentioned is Megan Williams-Stewart's SP dress. Different from what you usually see. Beautiful color and liked the way the skirt moved as she skated. However, points off for the stockings not tucked into the boots. Either cover the boot or tuck them in.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Custom Title
    I liked the colors of Sasha's costume, but I wish she would keep both sleeves the same. What's the deal with a plungling neckline, when there is nothing to plunge down?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    I keep hearing in another thread in these forums that Tiffany Stiegler was all tartted up and looking sexy. Since ESPN didn't show that performance, I was wondering if there's a picture of it anywhere on the web, and can anyone post a link to it? Hey, I'm a guy, and I like that sort of thing.
    Here you go Idle. Click on the picture and you get a really big pic.

http://gjpix.com/alaskanmagic/3258333

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Here you go Idle. Click on the picture and you get a really big pic.Dee
    Yep, it was already pointed out to me. See post #9 of this thread.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast