Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts On The Costumes...Best/Worst??

Custom Title
    Best 80's hair goes to Kimberly Navarro in the free dance..

Custom Title
    She looked stunning! I wonder how long that took to get the hair teased up like that??

I loved Nick Traxler and Charlotte Maxwell's costumes in the FD! Gorgeous!!!!! Anybody has a link? I took a lot of photos but it will get me a while to post them.

Custom Title
    I don't like John Baldwin's velvet costume. It looks bulky. The only other thing that bugs me are when the ladie's tights are too ummm tight and it starts looking like a thong after a while. Didn't see too much of that in the nats, but saw quite a few in international comp throughout the year. I also did not like Stephanie Rosenthal's costume, but loved her style.
    Last edited by Justafan; 01-14-2006 at 11:17 AM.

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Amber's Breakfast at Tiffany's look went with her program much better last year, when she actually skated so much better. Poor Amber, she had a rotten season in the GP and then bombed in the nationals sp. Hope she does better in the long so she can go out on a high note!

Best 80's hair goes to Kimberly Navarro in the free dance..
    I was thinking the same thing

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka
    Well, I have to say that although she is sooooo pretty, I simply destested Tanith's red ripped dress/bra combo...icky, yuck, tacky, etc... However, I though Agusto looked great!

I thought Amber Corwin's dress was a dream (I liked it best out of the ladies,) but the tiara looked affected.

What say you?
    ITA agree with you about Tanith's ugly red dress. It was hideous and close to being, well, vulgar. I thought there were rules about figure skating costumes being "modest and appropriate for athletic competition". I disliked most of the dresses worn by the ice dancers, for much of the same reason.

One of these days Tanith and/or the other girls will trip over their costumes or lose their costumes while competing. What will they call this - another "costume malfunction".

The pink part of Tanith's FD dress reminds me of the Little Mermaid's top.

Can't believe Timmy didn't change his LP costume. That thing is truly awful.
    Last edited by CDMM1991; 01-14-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Custom Title
    Is "Camille" taking over Johnny's mind? LOL I almost fell in the floor laughing when Kurt Browning said Johnny named his orange/red glove Camille..lol So that is why he has had all of these interesting comments. Has anyone ever seen the South Park episode where Cartman's hand become Jennifer Lopez? lol

Well there you have it!!! Camille has taken over Johnny...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by equestrianguy
    Is "Camille" taking over Johnny's mind? LOL I almost fell in the floor laughing when Kurt Browning said Johnny named his orange/red glove Camille..lol So that is why he has had all of these interesting comments. Has anyone ever seen the South Park episode where Cartman's hand become Jennifer Lopez? lol

Well there you have it!!! Camille has taken over Johnny...
    Hehe that was one of the best South Park episodes evah! I don't thinkI'll ever be able to look at Johnny without thinking about Cartman ever again!

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Another half-ripped away bodice for Tanith in the free dance...eek!! I guess I'm just old and boring, but I honestly don't see why a female skater would want her dress to look like part of it came off, with her bra showing through...?

I really liked both Corwin and Cohen's costumes, but when I saw Bebe's, that did it for me...luuuuv that dress!! I wish it had brought her better luck tonight.

Nubka ITA BeBe's dress was beautiful. Was it brown or burgandy? Either way it was just gorgeous. I also loved Kimmie's. A great improvment over the other one that reminded me of those monkeys with the boleros on.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Question

I honestly don't know what color it was...at first I thought it was black, but I know that's not correct. Maybe the dark burgandy?

Custom Title
    I also really didn't like Stephanie Rosenthals dress - it was tacky and immature looking on her. She was a really nice skater to watch, but I felt like I was at a local ice show with one of the little 5 year old groups taking the ice with the silvery/rainbow thing.

Emily's was very simple and pretty; Kimmie's was only so-so. I loved the color, but not the mesh/sparkly in the middle, even though she was the Queen of Sheba or whatever.

I actually kinda liked Tim Goebels FS outfit....it was Fantasia music, after all

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHIO2
    Amber's Breakfast at Tiffany's look went with her program much better last year, when she actually skated so much better.
    The only thing that was missing from the ensemble was a long black cigarette holder.[/CENTER]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast