What did you guys think???
I give an A+ to last night's spectacular telecast...wow, almost FOUR HOURS of pure skating and minimal fluff! We got to see FOURTEEN ladies SPs, for goodness sake! Almost as good as being in St Louis...maybe even better because I saw it all, live, from my Lazy Boy Chair munching on my favorite snack, LOL!
* Smuckers Skycam was much 'better behaved' this time than last year's mess. It was not overused last night.
* KURT ROCKS as commentator. Smooth, soft-voice yet soooo witty when appropriate. I thought that it was nice that ABC subtly gave Kurt the LEAD in the men's commentating. Kurt always started out the comments on each guy's performance...Dick Button merely chimed in & added his wise-old-sage comments. Did y'all notice that?
* The Kurt-and-Kat combo also ROCKS. I love Kat's honesty. Peter - Suzy - Terry....wonderful Dream Team, all of them.
* Peggy - always her lovely self but...Is it just me or did Peggy seem ill or shaky-voiced, a bit? Maybe she just has flu or a cold. I loved her gracious comments for even the weaker skaters out there. It's nice to have someone say something nice about a lower-ranked skater.
* Leave it to ESPN/ABC to nominate Paul Wylie as the 'Team Master-Mathematician' - the only thing missing was a white doctor's jacket and a laser pointer! I thought that, at any moment, he'd be putting CAT Scans up on those plasma screens behind him!!!
* THANK GOODNESS Christine Brennan was nowhere to be found last night (although she made an appearance on Good Morning America's piece on Michele, yesterday morning)
* As much as I love Dick...he sounded as if he was 'eating crow' after trash-talking through Michael Weiss' wonderful skate. Ha-ha!!! Weiss is now in 2nd and with a great chance to make his THIRD Olympic team.
* Nice calm introduction to the show - they've finally done away with the Bring In Da Noise-Bring In Da Funk garbage-can-lid intro! THANK YOU, ESPN/ABC!
Again - the best darn Nationals telecast that I've ever seen. Bravo! Keep it up, ESPN-ABC!!!!!!