Who skated to Rocket, by Herbie Hancock? | Golden Skate

Who skated to Rocket, by Herbie Hancock?

Jill

On the Ice
That was Stephanie Rosenthal, and I think she's from Utah??? Or maybe that's where she trains. She sure was a treat to watch! I hope she sticks around for a few more seasons. It will be fun to see how she developes as a skater.

nubka

Final Flight
Yes, she's from Salt Lake City, Utah (about 20 miles down the road from my house!)

Johar

Medalist
Thanks! I sure did like her program because it was exciting and fast. And different.

She was refreshing wasn't she! And not bad at all!!! She excellently carried the theme thru the whole skate. I got a real kick out of Dick Buttons getting a kick out of her. Her joy was totally evident which helped make it enjoyable to the viewer, IMO.

I hope they show her free skate tomorrow. She is in eighth place so far. I wonder if her LP is on the same style, or if she will have a totally new look. :rock:

MM

K-Mo

On the Ice
I think she should come out in a "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt, wild hair, and get down--Napoleon style! :rock:

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Stephanie Rosenthal has been one of the great pleasures of seeing nationals live for several years now. She's always been innovative and extremely fun to watch. She obviously loves to perform. I was so thrilled to see her on tv when we got back from the arena!

Johar

Medalist
I wish Michelle Kwan would skate to something that lively as an exhibition number, or even when she turns pro.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
She was incredible. Let me tell you a great story -

I was in the hallway when I saw Randy Gardner, obviously in a hurry, to come up to Stephanie to introduce himself and to tell her how much he enjoyed her programs! How cool is that for her? I scored her autograph too :)

And her long program was just as entertaining. Go Stephanie. I emailed COI and told them to put her in the cast next year.

MM

nubka

Final Flight
Johar said:
I wish Michelle Kwan would skate to something that lively as an exhibition number, or even when she turns pro.

Exactly the point I've been trying make on another thread! I agree with with you 100% (heck, I'd like to see her do it in competition.) It would just be so great to see her do something different, and I'll bet she would a great job, too!

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Mathman said:
And her long program was just as entertaining. Go Stephanie. I emailed COI and told them to put her in the cast next year.

MM

Great idea! I'd pay serious dough to see her and Ryan Bradley (and Rohene) in a show by themselves. Never mind anybody else.

I think she could have a great career in theatre. I was told she's in college. Anybody know what her major is?