Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: US Natls - Pairs FINALS, 3:30 pm EST today!

I am over the moon about I and B! HURRAH! If they can maintain the momentum and John can get past the SBS snafus---well, I can dream, can't I? For some reason, I have always been a big fan of theirs. It is so awesome to see them deliver!

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

Thank you Doris..

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your posts. As I try to learn more about sport, it's educational for me to read your reports. It helps me to better understand what I'm looking at. It was so nice to meet you along with the other GS'ers here!

DG

I loved watching I and B........their flow across the ice is so amazing and mature. What's up with John's jumps? I remember watching him when he was a single skater, and I know he can land a triple toe!!!! 42

I&B were awsome! You can tell he is crazy in love with Rena...that kiss was pretty spectacular too,LOL!

I thout NNN and partner were undermarked. Her split on the double twist is to die for. How interesting it would have been to have seen NNN and Sasha compete against each other...that could have been quite a rivalry.

Hope they show Tiffany Scott and new partner today.

The pairs FS is supposed to be repeated with the men's LP this afternoon according to Heather's schedule. TIVO just lists the Men's FS.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    When skating by himself in the warmup, he was landing the 3toe, too. Here's the problem with pair skaters: they are supposed to take off at exactly the same time, and close to each other. This screws up each skaters' timing to some extent. He also has been seen landing a 3lutz as long as he's skating by himself, so I'm told.

With the men, there's another problem. They bulk up to better throw and lift the ladies. This makes it harder for them to rotate, just from the mechanics of it.

With John, there is also a headcase issue that he seems to have gotten the better of, at least for this one performance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3