Johnny gets a talking to from the USFSA | Golden Skate

Johnny gets a talking to from the USFSA

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Rocky Marval is Johnny's representative. Is this Isabelle Brasseur's hubby?

After winning the short program Thursday, he was careful to point out that the accessory around his neck was a scarf, not a boa.

Well duh, everybody knows that Johnny only wears boas for formal occasions.:p

When they call Johnny on the carpet, I hope he is wearing his swan costume. That way, he can hold up his red glove and say, "talk to the beak."

MM :)

emma

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
When they call Johnny on the carpet, I hope he is wearing his swan costume. That way, he can hold up his red glove and say, "talk to the beak."

LOL!! :rofl: :rofl: Now, even if that never happens, I will always treasure the image. :rock:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
...long story (but fun..). Right now I'm sporting Johnny's autograph on the back of my right hand. Wish I had known he was being dissed for exercising his right to free speech when I talked to him earlier today - I would have mentioned support for that too. Mean time, when I head back to the arena in a very short bit, I will look for some opportunity to stick up for him. Heck - with the ABC crew (part of it anyway) there should be SOME opportunity to create.

Out of one side of America's mouth comes a very sacred right to free speech. And then out of the other side of the mouth, comes organizations, bosses, masses, etc. that all get busy supressing it. It's either everyone's right (including possible consequences) or it's not.

OK - Off soap box now.

DG

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:

Math, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thanks for the laugh!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Dee

nicole_l

Final Flight
CDMM, the exact quote is towards the end of the story. This is just a guess but the first skater has the style of someone like Matt Savoie and the second is someone like Evan Lysacek (I think).

Eeyora

Final Flight
Johnny can look forward to daily doping between now and the start of the men';s freeskate.

blackrose050 said:
Johnny was talking about himself (cognac and cigarettes) and Ryan Bradley (vodka and coke).
Maybe there's a special reason for the twinkle in Ryan's eyes. JUST KIDDING! Drugs aren't funny, but I come from the era when they were--or at least we thought they were. For a while anyway, you sure can party hardy with them and I'd be a hippocrite if I said I regretted using the ones I did.

But I only played with coke at parties and with my boyfriend for a few months. When I woke up one morning feeling as if I'd been dragged several miles by a truck, I stopped. Too many others were not so lucky and got into serious problems, like prison, that ruined their health for many years and their careers permanently. Plus a lot of wonderful people lost a lot of wonderful years and sometimes their lives, especially if they graduated to smack.

But speak out, Johnny! I mean really, they were just analogies. Still, I can see the USFSA's position. A lot of kids look up to these skaters and aren't yet old enough to understand the difference between natural flamboyance and dangerous behavior.

And to Mathman: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rgirl

Last edited:

Sheggy

Spectator
Doggygirl said:
...Wish I had known he was being dissed for exercising his right to free speech when I talked to him earlier today

Out of one side of America's mouth comes a very sacred right to free speech. And then out of the other side of the mouth, comes organizations, bosses, masses, etc. that all get busy supressing it. It's either everyone's right (including possible consequences) or it's not.
DG

Your entire post is crazy talk. You decry the attack on Johnny's "right to free speech" and then say he must also suffer "possible consequences." The talking to by USFSA officials is the "possible consequences." Just because you can say whatever you think doesn't mean you should. Johnny should choose his words more carefully and concern himself with the impression he leaves instead of trying to always by the one that is "out there."

Bottom line - Johnny Weir needs to grow up already.

Justafan

On the Ice
Piel said:
Rocky Marval is Johnny's representative. Is this Isabelle Brasseur's hubby?

Well duh, everybody knows that Johnny only wears boas for formal occasions.:p

:rofl:

Justafan

On the Ice
Mathman said:

:rofl:

These comments are cracking me up. Thank you...cheered me up after my big 4 hours of sleep from staying up to catch all the skating last night.

SunshineSlayer

Rinkside
I think some people are just way overly sensitive. There was nothing wrong with Johnny's comment in and of itself. He is an athlete, the only responsibility he has is to skate the best he can, not try to appease everyone at all times w/ his comments - no human can do that all the time, so it is best to just be yourself.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Sheggy said:
Your entire post is crazy talk. You decry the attack on Johnny's "right to free speech" and then say he must also suffer "possible consequences." The talking to by USFSA officials is the "possible consequences." Just because you can say whatever you think doesn't mean you should. Johnny should choose his words more carefully and concern himself with the impression he leaves instead of trying to always by the one that is "out there."

Bottom line - Johnny Weir needs to grow up already.

No, my entire post reflects my opinion. One thing I didn't make clear. In my opinion (which I am entitled to, just like you are) I don't think Johnny's remarks rise to the level of consequences such as "a talking to from the USFSA." In my opinion, had he said something like "so and so skater is a cocaine user" or "I'm going to put a bomb in Evan's room to make sure I win" even as a joke, that would, in my opinion, rise to the level of consequences such as a 'talking to from the USFSA" as he would be making personal attacks / threats.

I don't expect you to agree - I'm just clarifying my opinion.

DG

Last edited: