Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matt got 3rd!!!!!!!! *bounce**bounce*

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar

Matt got 3rd!!!!!!!! *bounce**bounce*

YAY, party for Matt in here! Oh, yeah!. Congrats to Matt for getting third at nationals! Woohoo...woohoo *do a little dance* I'm SO happy.

I don't want any party poopers in here, btw. Thanks.

I am thrilled too.

Custom Title
    I am so thrilled for Matt and I actually predicted he would make the team. But how in hell did Evan win the FS? And those PSC scores? A big joke! Better choreography than Matt? No way. And Johnny better change his LP cause he is not getting on the podium with that.

Skater Girl
    *dances around* He should have been first in the LP, 2nd overall, but hey! to Matt! Now stick it to 'em in Torino!!

Custom Title
    Imagine if Matt has the Paul Wylie moment at the games and medals....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh
    I am so thrilled for Matt and I actually predicted he would make the team. But how in hell did Evan win the FS? And those PSC scores? A big joke! Better choreography than Matt? No way. And Johnny better change his LP cause he is not getting on the podium with that.
    It's too late to change, and he's loyal to the program anyway because it is the creation of coach Tarasova.

I found it strange how Johnny changed his plan for the program and didn't do what he had been practicing. He ended up paying for it when he did too many combinations, which hurt his technical score greatly. I'm sure his coaches were not so pleased.

Custom Title
    I'm sorry, but I found Savoie's skate rather bland and boring. I would have preferred Jahnke to go to the Olympics, but Matt is deserving so congrats to him.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I thought Matt was OUT OF THIS WORLD this afternoon (more on that in a more appropriate thread) and as really the only male skater in the US that I truly LIKE right now (and for really the last few seasons), I'm thrilled that he made it. And I think that if Lysacek could pull off a World bronze with that chopped up mess of a program he had last year, Matt could also pull off a medal in Torino if he skates like that again.

Not the droid you're looking for
    Color me thrilled, too. He's worked so hard for such a long time. Bravo, Matt!

Custom Title

Ita

I was thrilled for Matt who to me is right up there with Johnnie and in some respects better. Matt was magnificent! He's an absolute sweetheart too; couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I thought Evan was overscored too.

Isn't this supposed tp be under Nationals/Spoilers? Some people may have not watched it yet.

Custom Title
    I had my fingers crossed for him. I cried in 02 when he didn't make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Isn't this supposed tp be under Nationals/Spoilers? Some people may have not watched it yet.
    I thinks it's OK. I think it's not considered a spoiler once the event has been broadcast on major network TV.

I'm jumping for joy for Matt!

Custom Title
    I'm so happy Matt made the team. Just love his skating.

Evan got big prop up in LP, his LP should've not beat Matt's.

Johnny pulled back quite bit 2/3 through programs, guess he figured enough points to win. His LP was no where near his SP, his SP was one of the highlights of this Nationals.

So with CoP you can win with a short.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast