Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Matt got 3rd!!!!!!!! *bounce**bounce*

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    I am so thrilled that Matt made the Olympic team after having been unjustly left off the 2002 team. (I was so worried that piece of history was going to repeat itself and I was going to have leap off my balcony in frustration...) He goes into the Olympics with no pressure, and I hope he will skate beautifully and is scored appropriately. His programs are just beautiful and intricate and his skating skills are awesome. He should score near, or higher, than Jeff Buttle, in my opinion. I'm sure some will disagree. But congrats to Matt!

SkateFan4Life
    I'm also very glad that Matt Savoie won the bronze and the spot on the Olympic team. His long program was inspired, excellent, and worthy of a spot on the US team. Good for him!!

I am still in voids over that program!

That was the most beautiful program! I have watched it several times and I get caught up in it each time. The fall doesn't detract from it; it was that strong. It would be so cool if he pulls a Paul Wylie in Torino! Yeah-I know Johnny is really our best medal chance and I like him also. But-Matt is just the full package for me. I love his style, his jumps, and his personality. He makes you want to root for him.

Wow....................

Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Imagine if Matt has the Paul Wylie moment at the games and medals....
    I thought exactly the same thing.

I think Matt should have won the title and wuzrobbed by the judges who were saving scores for Weiss to make certain that Evan did not finish below 3rd. I am so happy that Matt got the most applause of any of the Men's or Ladies' medalists when he was announced at the ceremony. I would love for Matt to have an international success before he retires.

In love with the axel!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    I am so thrilled that Matt made the Olympic team after having been unjustly left off the 2002 team. (I was so worried that piece of history was going to repeat itself and I was going to have leap off my balcony in frustration...) He goes into the Olympics with no pressure, and I hope he will skate beautifully and is scored appropriately. His programs are just beautiful and intricate and his skating skills are awesome. He should score near, or higher, than Jeff Buttle, in my opinion. I'm sure some will disagree. But congrats to Matt!
    I agree with you!!! Yeah Matt!

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Aww, Matt is so loved. I'm lurrrrving this. And he's just SMOKIN' HOT these days! I hope he will make himself and all of us proud at the Olympics. I know he has it in him!!!

Rinkside

Ita!

I had every finger crossed for Matt after Weiss skated and the judges were posting their scores. I think if Weiss had bumped Matt off the team by placing third - that would have been the final skating disappointment straw for me.

YAY MATT! Finally they got it right!

I'm praying he does even better in Turino!

Custom Title
    My husband and I were thrilled for Matt. We have watched him practice many times at the rink in Peoria. He would skate after the public session and we would stay to watch him when we were done. He is such a nice guy and a hard worker and SMART! His triple axels were HUGE this weekend!! It was so good to see him pull it all together. I hope he skates well at the Olympics - regardless of where he places.

P.S. He has the most beautiful, biggest waltz jump I have ever seen!!

Go Matt!

I doubt he'll make the top ten. Consider the following:

Evgeni
    Brian
    Stephane
    Stefan
    Daisuke
    Chenji
    Emanuel
    Jeffrey
    Johnny
    Evan

Not to mention: Dambier, Klimkin

Where does Matt fit in that above listing? He will need more than a Paul Wylie, imo. I would have preferred Michael who would ensure a score for 2 qualifiers for another int'l competition.

Joe

Skater Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    I agree whole-heartedly! Matt's just got that extra something. His skating is just so beautiful. I could watch him stroke around the rink all day...

I should be studying!
    The Olympics are not a qualifying competition for anything, IIRC. Recall that in 1994, Nancy's Olympic silver medal accomplished nothing toward earning the US spots for the 1995 world championship. Only Michelle's top-ten finish in the 1994 Worlds counted.

Joe-I am going to have to take a cue from Sasha: "Don't rain on our parade!"
    Realistically , I know Plushenko will win and I know all of the likely contenders, but I really LOVED Matt's skating. I just gotta root for the underdog.

Custom Title
    I was sad for Mike, but more happy for Matt - I'm sure it will mean the world to him to be an Olympian.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Imagine if Matt has the Paul Wylie moment at the games and medals....
    I'd be in heaven!

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeKatie
    I was sad for Mike, but more happy for Matt - I'm sure it will mean the world to him to be an Olympian.
    Yup, me too! I really would've been happier with Mike medaling than Evan, but that didn't happen, so I'm glad Matt's getting to go to the Olys since Mike's had his two Oly experiences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2