Matt got 3rd!!!!!!!! *bounce**bounce* | Golden Skate

Matt got 3rd!!!!!!!! *bounce**bounce*

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
YAY, party for Matt in here!:clap: Oh, yeah!. Congrats to Matt for getting third at nationals! Woohoo...woohoo *do a little dance* I'm SO happy. :)

I don't want any party poopers in here, btw. Thanks. :)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am so thrilled for Matt and I actually predicted he would make the team. But how in hell did Evan win the FS? And those PSC scores? A big joke! Better choreography than Matt? No way. And Johnny better change his LP cause he is not getting on the podium with that.

Lanie

On the Ice
*dances around* He should have been first in the LP, 2nd overall, but hey! :clap: to Matt! Now stick it to 'em in Torino!!

Jasper

Final Flight
yelyoh said:
I am so thrilled for Matt and I actually predicted he would make the team. But how in hell did Evan win the FS? And those PSC scores? A big joke! Better choreography than Matt? No way. And Johnny better change his LP cause he is not getting on the podium with that.

It's too late to change, and he's loyal to the program anyway because it is the creation of coach Tarasova.

I found it strange how Johnny changed his plan for the program and didn't do what he had been practicing. He ended up paying for it when he did too many combinations, which hurt his technical score greatly. I'm sure his coaches were not so pleased.

Jasper

Final Flight
I'm sorry, but I found Savoie's skate rather bland and boring. I would have preferred Jahnke to go to the Olympics, but Matt is deserving so congrats to him.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I thought Matt was OUT OF THIS WORLD this afternoon (more on that in a more appropriate thread) and as really the only male skater in the US that I truly LIKE right now (and for really the last few seasons), I'm thrilled that he made it. And I think that if Lysacek could pull off a World bronze with that chopped up mess of a program he had last year, Matt could also pull off a medal in Torino if he skates like that again. :agree: :rock:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Color me thrilled, too. He's worked so hard for such a long time. Bravo, Matt! :clap: :clap: :clap:

kyla2

Final Flight
Ita

I was thrilled for Matt who to me is right up there with Johnnie and in some respects better. Matt was magnificent! He's an absolute sweetheart too; couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I thought Evan was overscored too.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Isn't this supposed tp be under Nationals/Spoilers? Some people may have not watched it yet.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I had my fingers crossed for him. I cried in 02 when he didn't make the team.

Piel said:
Isn't this supposed tp be under Nationals/Spoilers? Some people may have not watched it yet.
I thinks it's OK. I think it's not considered a spoiler once the event has been broadcast on major network TV.

mzheng

Record Breaker
I'm so happy Matt made the team. Just love his skating.

Evan got big prop up in LP, his LP should've not beat Matt's.

Johnny pulled back quite bit 2/3 through programs, guess he figured enough points to win. His LP was no where near his SP, his SP was one of the highlights of this Nationals.

So with CoP you can win with a short.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I am so thrilled that Matt made the Olympic team after having been unjustly left off the 2002 team. (I was so worried that piece of history was going to repeat itself and I was going to have leap off my balcony in frustration...) He goes into the Olympics with no pressure, and I hope he will skate beautifully and is scored appropriately. His programs are just beautiful and intricate and his skating skills are awesome. He should score near, or higher, than Jeff Buttle, in my opinion. I'm sure some will disagree. :) But congrats to Matt! :bow:

S

SkateFan4Life

I'm also very glad that Matt Savoie won the bronze and the spot on the Olympic team. His long program was inspired, excellent, and worthy of a spot on the US team. Good for him!!

76olympics

On the Ice
I am still in voids over that program!

That was the most beautiful program! I have watched it several times and I get caught up in it each time. The fall doesn't detract from it; it was that strong. It would be so cool if he pulls a Paul Wylie in Torino! Yeah-I know Johnny is really our best medal chance and I like him also. But-Matt is just the full package for me. I love his style, his jumps, and his personality. He makes you want to root for him.

Wow....................

brad640

On the Ice
soogar said:
Imagine if Matt has the Paul Wylie moment at the games and medals....
I thought exactly the same thing.

I think Matt should have won the title and wuzrobbed by the judges who were saving scores for Weiss to make certain that Evan did not finish below 3rd. I am so happy that Matt got the most applause of any of the Men's or Ladies' medalists when he was announced at the ceremony. I would love for Matt to have an international success before he retires.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
I am so thrilled that Matt made the Olympic team after having been unjustly left off the 2002 team. (I was so worried that piece of history was going to repeat itself and I was going to have leap off my balcony in frustration...) He goes into the Olympics with no pressure, and I hope he will skate beautifully and is scored appropriately. His programs are just beautiful and intricate and his skating skills are awesome. He should score near, or higher, than Jeff Buttle, in my opinion. I'm sure some will disagree. :) But congrats to Matt! :bow:

I agree with you!!! :agree: Yeah Matt! :clap: