Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sr. Mens FS results

Custom Title

Sr. Mens FS results

Here's the link where you can follow along with the scores from the event;

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_...=Men&strlang=E

Banned
    134 for Mabee, wow Sawyer could be in trouble. In a way I would feel bad for Mabee if he didnt make it because of the short program again. 134 at Canadians is very impressive, since our judges are not giving out TES and PCS scores like candy like they are U.S Nationals where you have to do nothing to get huge scores.

Banned
    Saywer is ahead of Mabee still. WOOHOO!! I am pretty sure he is going to get it now.

Whoaaa. That was a CLOSE ONE. Well it didn't end up being that close, but I really wasn't sure who was going to get the title after Jeff's skate. Good skates by both men. Let's up it only gets bigger and better at the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Congrats Jeffrey! It seems like it was his best Free Skate of the year based on the score, or perhaps that's because Nationals scores are often inflated. Did he go for the quad and what was the result?!

I'm going to have to watch this program... is there anywhere to download it?

Awww yay, I'm so happy! Buttle the Canadian Champ for two consecutive years. Sandhu can have Skate Canada, Jeffrey will take this one instead.

Both Sandhu and Buttle went for the quad. Sandhu fell out of it, but still did a double toe on the end. Buttle fell, but it was counted as rotated. Sandhu singled a triple axel and Buttle doubled a triple loop. Sandhu's other triple axel wasn't in combination, and one of Buttle's had a bit of a rough landing, but the other was in combination.

Fairly even performances IMO. Buttle won it on the PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    134 for Mabee, wow Sawyer could be in trouble. In a way I would feel bad for Mabee if he didnt make it because of the short program again. 134 at Canadians is very impressive, since our judges are not giving out TES and PCS scores like candy like they are U.S Nationals where you have to do nothing to get huge scores.
    So true about US Nationals scores.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Both Sandhu and Buttle went for the quad. Sandhu fell out of it, but still did a double toe on the end. Buttle fell, but it was counted as rotated. Sandhu singled a triple axel and Buttle doubled a triple loop. Sandhu's other triple axel wasn't in combination, and one of Buttle's had a bit of a rough landing, but the other was in combination.

Fairly even performances IMO. Buttle won it on the PCS.
    Thanks for the explanation, sounds like an intense competition. I just hope Buttle opts not to do the quad at the Olympics because he's been falling even after completing the rotations. Too much of a risk for him.
    Last edited by Jasper; 01-14-2006 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    Thanks for the explaination, sounds like an intense competition. I just hope Buttle opts not to do the quad at the Olympics because he's been falling even after completing the rotations. Too much of a risk for him.
    I agree. I think the judges were lenient in saying that he rotated it today. I'm not sure if tougher, international judges would have given that to him. Falling on technically a triple toe would be devastating to his Olympic score. If he can get a +1 on the GOE of a triple then it is almost equal to a fallen quad I believe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by geisha
    Buttle's championship is also not deserved. Look at the American championships, their judges are much better, much more objective.
    Jeff's was deserved. No, he wasn't perfect, and yes, his and Emanuel's scores should have been closer, but to say he didn't deserve to win is unfounded IMO. He did 2 clean triple axels, one in combination, a triple triple combo, another 3-jump combo... rotated a quad, didn't pop his jump into a single (so gets more poitns than Emanuel's single axel), his spins were better tonight, and he has such a pure quality to his skating that really helps his second mark. I don't know what you were watching, but it probably wasn't CTV at about 8:40est tonight.

I agree. I think the judges were lenient in saying that he rotated it today. I'm not sure if tougher, international judges would have given that to him. Falling on technically a triple toe would be devastating to his Olympic score. If he can get a +1 on the GOE of a triple then it is almost equal to a fallen quad I believe.
    Yes, I looked it up, and with a +1 GOE there is only a one point difference between the fall on the quad and the triple toe. IT would be equalled with a +2 GOE.

Custom Title
    Yes, I looked it up, and with a +1 GOE there is only a one point difference between the fall on the quad and the triple toe. IT would be equalled with a +2 GOE.
    Good point, then. Perhaps after all of these failed quad attempts this season by Buttle, he will play it smart and take it out of his program at the Olympics. I certainly hope his coaches are advising him to do so. He can rely on all the other aspects of his skating to make the podium, although perhaps not win the Gold, and I think his entire program would be better served if he didn't focus so much on one jump.

Custom Title
    I just don't see any potential of this pair-Valerie Marcoux and Craig Buntin. They made so many mistakes and the stupid Canadian judges kept on rewarding them. They had a disastrous world champ. last year as well.

They're a very mediocre pair, no difficult technical merits, no originality, no artistriy. I just don't understand. They would probably rank around 16-24th at world stage.

Buttle's championship is also not deserved. Look at the American championships, their judges are much better, much more objective.
    You're ridiculous if you think the American judges are objective. 83 points for Johnny's SP without a quad?! 59 for Emily Hughes in the SP (consider that Sasha Cohen got about the same score for her great SP in GP Paris earlier this season)?! PCS of 78-79 for Johnny, Matt, and Evan in their LPs?! Craziness. All the men's and women's scores have been bloated so far to an embarassing degree.

Custom Title
    I just don't see any potential of this pair-Valerie Marcoux and Craig Buntin. They made so many mistakes and the stupid Canadian judges kept on rewarding them. They had a disastrous world champ. last year as well.

They're a very mediocre pair, no difficult technical merits, no originality, no artistriy. I just don't understand. They would probably rank around 16-24th at world stage.

Hello! M&B HAVE ALREADY placed in the top 10 at worlds. 16-24th?! I don't think so...
    This just wasn't their night and same goes for Jeff Buttle. I'm sure they'll kick butt at the Olys and Worlds.

As for Canadian judges being "stupid"...I think that's being a little harsh...
    Last edited by Saundy; 01-14-2006 at 10:10 PM.

Custom Title
    [HTML]It seems like it was his best Free Skate of the year based on the score, or perhaps that's because Nationals scores are often inflated. Did he go for the quad and what was the result?!
    [/HTML]

No, I don't think it was his best Free Skate of the year. He didn't look overly happy when he finished skating. I think he knew it was good enough to win, but wanted to see the marks before thinking he had National title #2. I watched his quad and both his triple axels in slo-mo, and the quad was under rotated by nearly a half turn. His first triple axel was also cheated. So, as much as I love Jeff, it wasn't his best night and his marks were definitely inflated in my opinion. He was better than Sandhu, but not by 20 points. As mentioned earlier, I hope he takes out the quad for the Olympics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast