U.S. Nationals Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

U.S. Nationals Ladies FS

CDMM1991

Medalist
Aww too bad for Bebe. I love that program and if she had been on, I bet it would have been extremely convicting, though it was even with the flaws. She was looking quite mature and elegant out there. I think putting her hair back like that was a very nice effect. Once she gets those pesky braces off, I bet she will be a very beautiful young lady.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Bebe has 151.4 into fifth place

I still don't see how Sasha scored higher than Kimmie????

CDMM1991

Medalist
FINAL RESULTS:

1. Sasha Cohen - 199.18
2. Kimmie Meissner - 171.04
3. Emily Hughes - 165.72
4. Katy Taylor - 152.54
5. Beatrisa Liang - 151.41
6. Christine Zukowski - 151.23
7. Alissa Czisny - 149.51
8. Stephanie Rosenthal - 147.13
9. Amber Corwin - 138.44
10. Megan Williams-Stewart - 129.44
11. Erica Archambault - 128.02
12. Danielle Kahle - 126.10
13. Jane Bugaeva - 121.78
14. Megan Oster - 119.39
15. Michelle Boulos - 106.87
16. Abigail Legg - 100.31
17. Anna Madorsky - 91.83
18. Stephanie Roth - 79.13

Good work ladies!

kyla2

Final Flight
Uh

Uh, Piel if you don't see how Sasha scored higher than Kimmie, you need a reality check. There is no comparison between skaters. Sasha had a first rate program and although it wasn't flawless, it was very good. Kimmie has a ways to go to make the top spot, although I see an improvement in her presentation.

emma

Record Breaker
OK....first and foremost, Congrats to Sasha!!!!!! I actually love the new music cuts and choreo and I'm so surprised to be saying that. I felt soooo bad for her because she really looked sick, but she pulled it off and I am truly happy for her (of course, I can't wait to here from those who saw it live). Next, I am truly sorry for Bebe, I just lover her skating. I very hearty congrats to Kimmie and Emily, wow.

Now, I really, really hope Alissa works on her jump technique and STAYS in competitive skating. And finally, all i can really say is: ROSENTHAL!!!! wow, wow, wow. What a great dancer/performer. wow.

Jimena

Rinkside
Sasha skated catiously, but that's a great program for her. Meissner had a few wonky landings and a fall, and is nowhere near Sasha in spins, spirals, interpretation, lines and maturity.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It's just started here, but, as always, I just HAVE to know the results before I watch TV! :laugh: But my husband does NOT want to know, so I have to keep this info to myself. :biggrin:

enlight78

Medalist
Sasha was beatiful even with the flaws and definitely better than kimmie, who I think deserves to go to the olympics. I wonder want emily hughes is thinking right now.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Ok, I do have a question. When do they take deductions? Are they only for a fall? Because I don't understand how you can "fall" out of a jump, put your hand down on the ice and still not get a deduction.

Other than that, I liked the revamped version of Sasha's LP :clap: . Do I think she deserved that high of a score? No, but who cares? I thought she was going to skate clean for once, but oh well. Congratulations Sasha! I don't get no deductions, but hey, someone here can explain it to me I suppose.

I have never been on the Kimmie bandwagon because she has always seemed to gangly to me, but tonight, I absolutely enjoyed her program. And the interview after the skating was over, Peter asked her about the downgrading of her 3/3s and she said she'd been working on them. I don't think they got downgraded tonight.

I felt so bad for Alissa and for Bebe. But for Alissa, she'll be back. Did you guys watch her head when she jumped? It looks like she looks in the opposite direction while her body goes the other way.

Now, even though she may never go too far, I absolutely love watching Rosenthal skate. She is refreshing and just in love with her skating and her music. Two standing ovations at Nationals for a relative unknown. Ya gotta love that!!!

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Good for Sasha for winning.:rock:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
emma said:
I felt soooo bad for her because she really looked sick, but she pulled it off and I am truly happy for her (of course, I can't wait to here from those who saw it live).
I was thinking while Sasha was skating.........I hope she doesn't have to sneeze or cough. You could hear the congestion in her voice. I just love all the new things in her program.

:bow: :bow: Congrats Sasha!!! :clap: :clap:

Dee

LBC

On the Ice
Congrats to Sasha and Kimmie. Both of them are sick and they beat everybody else. They are probably going to have to bring a klennex box to the podium.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
realistic51 said:
Ok, I do have a question. When do they take deductions? Are they only for a fall? Because I don't understand how you can "fall" out of a jump, put your hand down on the ice and still not get a deduction.
If I remember correctly isn't it when you literally fall down that you get a deduction? So if that's correct, then Sasha would not have gotten a deduction.

Dee

CDMM1991

Medalist
realistic51 said:

A fall is considered putting all of your weight on a body part other than feet. (ie. behind, hands, knees)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Congrats to Sasha on her win. Haven't seen it yet but can't wait..........am axiously waiting for the announcement of the Oly team..............:eek:hwell: 42

Last edited:

rob43

On the Ice
I am sharing in the Rosenthal love. I thought she was really diferent & really liked such diferent short & long programs. Also I liked how she performed the second half of the long better than the first half. I hope we see her on GP- does anyone know if she'll skate or go to college full time. If the latter, that had to be one heck of a send-off.

I also really liked Stewart-WIlliams (sp). She had some issues but I liked how she carried herself & didn't seem rushed.

Sasha was great for having the flew & it had the most flow of any of her programs.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
CDMM1991 said:
A fall is considered putting all of your weight on a body part other than feet. (ie. behind, hands, knees)

Ok, so just putting your hand down to push yourself back up is not putting all your weight on a body part other than your feet? Ok, I guess I understand that.

Thanks for explaining.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
But your jump can be downgraded as well as upgraded...-1, -2, -3 or +1,+2,+3.
A step out or a 2 footed jump would be downgraded.