Does anyone know when they'll announce? | Golden Skate

Does anyone know when they'll announce?

Jane2

Rinkside
Do any of you know when they will announce the official Oly team for the Ladies?

Panther2000

On the Ice
It is coming soon I think. After all, the do have to talk to the skaters & their team & family.

There is going to be some broken hearts tonight.

But. they sure a dragging it out though, There are tons of Women, Girls watching ESPN tonigt.

Their ratings are going tobe hight

Lcp88

On the Ice
USFSA said they would have results on their website, as well.

(And yea, I think I see heartbreak in Emily Hughes future:eek:hwell: )

soogar

Record Breaker
Lcp88 said:
USFSA said they would have results on their website, as well.

(And yea, I think I see heartbreak in Emily Hughes future:eek:hwell: )

Well poor Emily was tearing up in the K&C. I think she'll get bumped even though I so hope she won't. Though I hope Michelle loses all of her endorsements and other evil maladies if she steals this young lady's opportunity to go the Olympics and then finishes very low. Really, does Michelle have to take a spot just to finish 6th or below? So I hope for Emily's sake that Michelle is going to compete well at the Olympics. B/c I think it would be more painful to deal with getting bumped if the person who bumped you skates like absolute crap at the games.

Panther2000

On the Ice
soogar said:
Well poor Emily was tearing up in the K&C. I think she'll get bumped even though I so hope she won't. Though I hope Michelle loses all of her endorsements and other evil maladies if she steals this young lady's opportunity to go the Olympics and then finishes very low. Really, does Michelle have to take a spot just to finish 6th or below? So I hope for Emily's sake that Michelle is going to compete well at the Olympics. B/c I think it would be more painful to deal with getting bumped if the person who bumped you skates like absolute crap at the games.

Don't coun't on michelle loosing any endorsement or medals if( IF) she doesn't medal.

The statement that I read from coke & other is that they signed her knowing that she was injured. They signed her hoping that she could overcome it & if she doesn't. They are PROUD to have her representing their product because of the way she has been such a champ & the way she has handled herself even when she did not win. it is called respect. & they have it for her.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Sooger, Sooger, Sooger get a grip. Such vitrol is not healthy. Are you sure you are not a Wolfe in Sooger clothing?:biggrin:

Panther2000

On the Ice
Piel said:
Sooger, Sooger, Sooger get a grip. Such vitrol is not healthy. Are you sure you are not a Wolfe in Sooger clothing?:biggrin:

That is what I was thinking. Such bitterness, it's not healthy.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
The ESPN News announcer said it would be live later in their broadcast.

Soogar, I think you waste an extremely valuable amount of your time wishing bad things on Kwan. All of the younger skaters knew this going in so it isn't as if it's going to be a surprise if Kwan is named to the Olympic team. But it's also heartbreaking for them and I feel bad for Emily because she will surely be the one displaced. Plus the fact that Kwan isn't stealing anyone's place. The only secure place is to win the Nationals. Everything else isn't secure. So I don't get the animosity coming from you at all.

ETA: You have to watch ESPN News which is only on cable. I don't believe it will be on ESPN. Right now the Program Alert on ESPN News says: AHEAD: Live decision on Michelle Kwan.

Ok, it's going to happen really soon.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Do you think they will post in on the website or anything tonight? I'm not sure I can sleep on this :laugh:

Saundy

On the Ice
geisha said:
Don't like their skating styles at all. Old Hughes Sister's Olympic success was a pure luck. Her younger sister did not really skate well tonight.

Don't like their body type at all, too fat/strong for a competitive female skater. Their jumps/spins/spirals are quite awkward.

Fat? I think you're being a bit to harsh again.

As for Sarah's Olys success being "pure luck"...umm...no. She deserved to win. She had the goods all along and she pulled it together not just for the Olys, but before that too.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Coming up in mere moments is the Live Announcement! Just giving ya'll a heads up. It's on ESPN News which isn't ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPN whatever.

So, in mere moments......:laugh:

Or as Chuck Woolery would say: Be back in 2 and 2!

swannanoa54

On the Ice
More information:

Kwan will be have a monitoring session before January 22nd.

Two alternates: Emily Hughes and Katy Taylor. Neither will be sent to Torino initially.

Panther2000

On the Ice
Saundy said:
Fat? I think you're being a bit to harsh again.

As for Sarah's Olys success being "pure luck"...umm...no. She deserved to win. She had the goods all along and she pulled it together not just for the Olys, but before that too.

Old topic but, it was luck .

She skated great hower she need major mistakes form all 3 ladies infront of her in order to move up. & they did.

Had anyone of the 3 skated mistake free sarah would NOT have won the gold.

Lets get real here. She won but, not without help from her competition. She did win the medal But, all 3 ladies gave it away. they just kept pasing it down the line to someone who skated clean in the LP.

brinababy87

Rinkside
LOL, everyone opened the announcement at the same time on FSU. It crashed!!

How in the world will it handle the big Os?

CDMM1991

Medalist
What I expected. What I don't understand, is why they don't take Emily Hughes to Torino intially. Maybe keep Katy home, but I think in this case there is a large chance that Michelle could reinjure herself while in Italy, Emily have to fly there and then suddenly be thrust into Olympic competition. How is she expected to skate her best in those conditions? Right after jumping off an international flight?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yahooo!!!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Alternates are Emily Hughes and Katy Taylor. All of the ladies going to the Olympics and the alternates will be monitored to make sure they are fit to go.
Said Kwan did not need to go to 4Con. that the conditions Kwan's team suggested were OK'd by the committee.