Sasha Cohen was breathtaking | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen was breathtaking

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
cianni said:
Im sure she did . The field was filled with little girls ladysarahchatto a pure splatfest. Sasha stayed on her feet but still didnt skate a clean program. She was the best of a bad lot. Lets just move on its over and opinions wont change some think shes breathtaking some dont. The outcome wont change its over.

Sorry but I cannot agree that Sasha was 'the best of the bad'. She had two step outs but no major fall. And imo she probably would have beaten Michelle-if she had shown up just as she has the past couple of years at Worlds and under both the old, and new systems.

Why should I 'move on' from what is supposed to be a celebratory Sasha thread? I'm sure if it were for Michelle some would not want to 'move on'.

Sasha WAS breathtaking to me anyway and I congratulate her. She was in a class of her own and like Peggy said she has a routine that could medal at the Games-and deservedly so. Her National Title isn't worth less just because she skated against 'little girls'. She's the 2006 National Champion now and no one can take that away from her snipe as they might at her accomplishment. She did fantastic even with the flu, and after no full run throughs for several days leading up to the competition-just as a Champion should and I also applaud her for showing up. She too could have petitioned onto the Team if she had wanted to.

If she is 'on' and is healthy at the Olympics she could even win Gold-if politics don't get in the way.

Last edited:
ITA, Lady Sarah. No reason for anyone to move on if they feel they feel they have something to say--preferably positive given the title of the thread.

As one poster suggested, for those who don't feel Sasha was breathtaking, they should start a thread along the lines of, "Sasha's Weaknesses at US Nats." Those comments won't change the outcome anymore than the positive ones, but as a discussion board, shouldn't people feel free to discuss? I think so. It just seems the etiquette is better if those who don't like Sasha start another thread rather than argue a winless argument over whether or not Sasha was breathtaking. JMO.

Rgirl

brinababy87

Rinkside
OK, I'll continue with the purpose of this thread: Yes, Sasha was absolutely breathtaking. I loved the new in betweens she had, like the spread eagle and the accentuations of the arms with it. All of her spins looked very polished. The beillmann doesn't look the best on Sasha but it was much better than at Campbell's. I LOVE the part of the spiral where she brings her leg up at the climax of the music. And when she lets her leg go it stays nearly in the same spot! I am really proud of her putting it all together all right when she's had such a tough week. She always improves a lot from Nationals to Worlds, so it will be neat to see how much better she does later.

Her program is VERY tailored to COP. All spins are (intended) level 4, except her last one lacked 1/2 revolution on the outside edge. Level four spirals, level three footwork, and four jumps after the halfway point. Her choreography is beautiful. :yes: