Do you think Kimmie could ... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Do you think Kimmie could ...

IndieBoi

On the Ice
DORISPULASKI said:
Kimmie, if she works very hard, could be the American Nelidina or perhaps even the American Leung this year.

Interesting comparison between Meissner and Leung. I believe in Leung's jumps more but Meissner has much better carriage. I thing Leung has the edge though.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Sure Kimberly could make the podium at Worlds...........at the Olympics......not likely........42

Vash01

Medalist
Kimmie can definitely win the worlds this year if there is a weakened field. If Irina, Michelle, Sasha,Shizuka skip worlds, Kimmie will have a realistic chance of winning. The Japanese ladies look strong on paper but they don't always deliver. I love them but they have often disappointed me at major competitions, with the exception of Shizuka's 2004 worlds performance.

Vash

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kimmie could make the top 6 in a very weak field, but I don't see her medaling unless she had 3 faultless performances with no underrotations. Her PCS scores will hold her back. Emily would pass the QR but wouldn't even make top 10; the ISU judges have given her very low PCS scores (in the 5s) and callers have dinged her for underrotations.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Piel said:
LOL, I could medal at World's if a lot of skaters don't show up...like the top 1000 in the world.:laugh: :laugh:
4 years ago, after Nationals, someone here asked whether Sarah could win the Oly gold medal, and I said most definitely NOT. Well, I certainly had egg all over my face (especially since my husband predicted that Sarah would WIN the gold!) :laugh:

So... you just never know! (Yes, I realize that at the time, Sarah was the reigning World bronze medalist.)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sarah also had 3 years of international experience, including 3 WCs, at the SENIOR level. Kimmie is a newbie to Senior Championship competition. Newbies don't get cut any breaks.

jesslily

Final Flight
Kimmie skated better at nationals than her appearance at GPs. I think the skating order gave her a lot of advantage. Kimmie skated after Alissa, so she knew no matter how she skated she fefinitely out skated her. Kimmie also skated before Emily and Bebe. SO she could put out a best skate she could and let the other two ladies to match.
At Olympics, Kimmie could do well too. Now we all know Mao Asada can not compete who is the only skater who is around Kimmie's age and skating talent. All the other ladies are much older, and a few younger ladies's skating ability are not enough to compete with Kimmie.
Carolina hasn't shown her best medal potiential this year.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd wait to see how Caro does at Europeans before writing her off. She NEVER skates well in the early season. But she did have a very good SP at NHK, scoring 59+, so she had improved over her Skate Canada effort.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I'm really worried that a lot of Meissner's triples won't be counted. Throughout the GP, people have said that Meissner underrotates her triples a lot and I didn't think they were that bad, though I didn't really pay much attention to her. However, during the Nats LP, I thought they were really underrotated and she clearly having trouble getting all of her triples to be rotated. I think she got the benefit of the doubt at these Nats, but I'm worried that the judges will ding her at Torino and Worlds.

flying camel

Medalist
We should put our money together and send Emily & Kimmie to David Wilson for emergency tweaking of their programs.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tweaking won't do a thing for Kimmie and Emily unless they fully rotate and land all their jumps. Emily falls a lot because of underrotation. Both of them were given the benefit of the doubt in Junior events (and of course, Nationals) but their bad habits have to be broken NOW if they expect to place well internationally as Seniors.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Of course she could (to answer the title of this thread). Not only that -- Kimmie could win the Big-O prize in Turin. Kimmie could have the skate of her life with, say, a triple axel plus two different 3-3 combos...and the Slutskayas, Cohens & Japanese ladies could have sub-par performances. Anything can happen.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Frau Muller said:
Of course she could (to answer the title of this thread). Not only that -- Kimmie could win the Big-O prize in Turin. Kimmie could have the skate of her life with, say, a triple axel plus two different 3-3 combos...and the Slutskayas, Cohens & Japanese ladies could have sub-par performances. Anything can happen.

as the NY lottery ads say, "Hey, ya never know!"

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it is ridiculous to suggest that Kimmie could win the OGM.

First of all, EVERY lady OGM winner since there was a Ladies FS event in the Olympics has stood on the World podium before winning the OGM. Every single one.

Kimmie has never competed in an ISU senior championship event. When skaters like Irina and Sasha are getting high 7s and 8s in their PCS scores, Kimmie is getting low 6s, and with good reason: her spins, spirals and footwork are not anywhere near at the levels of the highest rank senior ladies.

Bottom line: a skater like Kimmie cannot beat an Irina, a Sasha, or a Shizuka on jumps alone---and Kimmie's jumps have been consistently downgraded by the caller in her GP events. Kimmie is a very promising skater, but her skating is still in the formative stages.

Both Sarah and Tara had multiple years of competing against Senior ladies---and medaling, and winning. Kimmie just competed in her first year on the GP and did not medal at all. The one and only international event Kimmie has ever won was the 2003 Slovenia JGP.

Kimmie is a talented lady skater whose championships are a work in progress. Think Sasha another talented skater and it took her 5 years to win the Nats, but she did. Give Kimmie the time and let's see.

Joe

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I don't think Kimmie stands a chance of even making the Top 20 at the Olympics nor the Worlds even if she has the skate or skates of her life. Simply she doesn't have the talent nor the full package. Not only that but she bores me stiff and watching her skate once was enough for a lifetime for me.

Thankyou.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
i normally don't respond to posts such as above, but I just wanted to point out that baby blue font pales on the screen. Really can't read it - and I do have 20/20 vision.

why would not people just use normal black/times fonts??