Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Kimmie could ...

Down With It
    I think Kimmie has potential. But even with a full arsenal, Nats showed that she can't measure up with the best in the world. Maybe the highest she could hope for at the olys is 10th place. Then again- stranger things have happened. I'm not counting ANY possibility out.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Kimmie, if she works very hard, could be the American Nelidina or perhaps even the American Leung this year.

She looks a lot better on TV than she does live, even when she's completing the jumps. She skates very, very juniorish, and may well be plagued with mediocre PCS grades. Not to mention that I expect the international callers and judges will continue to be more unforgiving of her tendency to underrotate those 3/3's.

I hope that a couple of years she will gain some more polish, but right now, I find her very overhyped. IMO, both Bebe and Emily have tons more charm on the ice live.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    I doubt emily's National LP could pass through worlds' qualify round.
    Speaking as someone who has personally watched a couple of 24th-place long programs at Worlds (24th of course being the cutoff for making the final), I think Emily could hold her own quite well. If people like Karen Venhuizen and Candice Didier can make it out of qualifying, I think Emily could.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    I doubt emily's National LP could pass through worlds' qualify round.
    Didn't Michelle's mistake ridden LP pass her QR? Didn't she land only 3 triples and have a few falls? I think Emily will more than make it out of QR. Plus Emily will improve upon her performance.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Didn't Michelle's mistake ridden LP pass her QR? Didn't she land only 3 triples and have a few falls? I think Emily will more than make it out of QR. Plus Emily will improve upon her performance.
    I think she should be able to make it out of the QR but remember- MK is at a higher level so a so-so performance is still technically "better" than a good performance from a lower-level skater. Also- it's not a total guarantee that Emily will be better than at Nats. She could give into pressure, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI
    Kimmie, if she works very hard, could be the American Nelidina or perhaps even the American Leung this year.
    Interesting comparison between Meissner and Leung. I believe in Leung's jumps more but Meissner has much better carriage. I thing Leung has the edge though.

Sure Kimberly could make the podium at Worlds...........at the Olympics......not likely........42

Custom Title
    Kimmie can definitely win the worlds this year if there is a weakened field. If Irina, Michelle, Sasha,Shizuka skip worlds, Kimmie will have a realistic chance of winning. The Japanese ladies look strong on paper but they don't always deliver. I love them but they have often disappointed me at major competitions, with the exception of Shizuka's 2004 worlds performance.

Vash

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    This isn't answering my question. Do you think Kimmie can make it to the podium?
    OK,you probably won't belive,but I've never seen her skating

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmego500
    But then she couldn't even win against a somewhat weak field earlier in the grand prix season.
    hey,give her a brake,everybody have a bad day:sheesh:

Custom Title
    Kimmie could make the top 6 in a very weak field, but I don't see her medaling unless she had 3 faultless performances with no underrotations. Her PCS scores will hold her back. Emily would pass the QR but wouldn't even make top 10; the ISU judges have given her very low PCS scores (in the 5s) and callers have dinged her for underrotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    LOL, I could medal at World's if a lot of skaters don't show up...like the top 1000 in the world.
    4 years ago, after Nationals, someone here asked whether Sarah could win the Oly gold medal, and I said most definitely NOT. Well, I certainly had egg all over my face (especially since my husband predicted that Sarah would WIN the gold!)

So... you just never know! (Yes, I realize that at the time, Sarah was the reigning World bronze medalist.)

Custom Title
    Sarah also had 3 years of international experience, including 3 WCs, at the SENIOR level. Kimmie is a newbie to Senior Championship competition. Newbies don't get cut any breaks.

Ice Angel
    Kimmie skated better at nationals than her appearance at GPs. I think the skating order gave her a lot of advantage. Kimmie skated after Alissa, so she knew no matter how she skated she fefinitely out skated her. Kimmie also skated before Emily and Bebe. SO she could put out a best skate she could and let the other two ladies to match.
    At Olympics, Kimmie could do well too. Now we all know Mao Asada can not compete who is the only skater who is around Kimmie's age and skating talent. All the other ladies are much older, and a few younger ladies's skating ability are not enough to compete with Kimmie.
    Carolina hasn't shown her best medal potiential this year.

Custom Title
    I'd wait to see how Caro does at Europeans before writing her off. She NEVER skates well in the early season. But she did have a very good SP at NHK, scoring 59+, so she had improved over her Skate Canada effort.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast