Sr. Free Dance results | Golden Skate

Sr. Free Dance results

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
rain said:
Here's the link to the Dance FS results - for those who are like me and just can't wait to see the broadcast:

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events...lts.cfm?strcat=Senior&strdisp=Dance&strlang=E

Talk about just edging out - looks like Wing/Lowe will be going to the Olympics, in spite of losing the LP by a whisker to V/M.
That is close. I did see that Megan and Aaron were debuting a new tango FD and ditching their original Coppelia FD. I do think that they deserve to go to Torino after representing Canada so well over the years. I will have to wait to see when the vids are posted.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Saundy

On the Ice
All I can say about D&L free dance is WOW. I couldn't believe it when it was over. It seemed like they only skated for a minute and it left tears in my eyes once again. Wow...

rain

Record Breaker
I loved D/L's free dance when I saw it earlier in the year, but seeing it here and how much it has improved - it was stunning, absolutely stunning. That was definitely world class - I agree with Tracy Wilson that it was definitely of a calibre that could allow them to stand on the podium.

Antilles

Medalist
I like that they are considered worthy of the Olympic podium, but I'm worried about people expecting a podium placement, and screaming corruption if they don't make it. D&L were wonderful today, but I think they had inflated scores compared to every other competition they entered this year. They ended up with 212. Isn't that the range N&K usually get?

I thought it funny that Wilson gushed about W&L, and how the program didn't look new. I like them, and their program, but it wasn't skated flawlessly today. They were banging into each other in places, but that seemed to go right by Wilson.

V&M were excellent. They deserved their spot in the FD.

L&M need some new choreography. Their programs look the same every year. Did anyone else notice the CTV close-up of the rock on her hand? I guess she and Markov are engaged.

rain

Record Breaker
Antilles said:
I like that they are considered worthy of the Olympic podium, but I'm worried about people expecting a podium placement, and screaming corruption if they don't make it. D&L were wonderful today, but I think they had inflated scores compared to every other competition they entered this year. They ended up with 212. Isn't that the range N&K usually get?

Yeah, while they are podium-worthy, they are in tough internationally. I think, like me, most are more hoping for a medal for them, rather than expecting a podium placement.

chania36

On the Ice
I've seen it live :rock: :agree: and let me tell you that the program is a masterpiece, we were all crying. This should be something great for them for the olympics.

Saundy

On the Ice
chania36 said:
I've seen it live :rock: :agree: and let me tell you that the program is a masterpiece, we were all crying. This should be something great for them for the olympics.

I saw it live too and nothing beats that. :yes:

As for them making the podium in Torino...I really don't think it's gonna happen. It's not that I don't have any faith in them, because I do, it's just that there are too many teams vying for the 2-3 spots on the podium. However, I do see them in the top 5 or 6 for sure. I really hope they do decide to stick around for another little while after the Olys because it seems that they've taken a turn for the better over this past season.