Emily Hughe's "Lost Earring" | Golden Skate

Emily Hughe's "Lost Earring"

S

SkateFan4Life

Emily Hughes lost one her earring posts during her warmup for the short program at Nationals. The squad of flower girls raced out on the ice to find the post, with Emily also circling around the rink. She found her post, and she seemed to enjoy a good laugh over this little incident. I was impressed with her good humor and poise. Emily, you have a great deal of talent, and I'm sure you will be on the US World team next year (assuming that Michelle and Sasha leave the eliglble ranks). Good luck to you! :biggrin:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Did you see the earring? I'm not 100% but they looked like the looped ribbon shape worn for awareness of different illnesses. They were silver colored so not sure which illness but probably breast cancer since her Mom is a survivor?

S

SkateFan4Life

Piel said:
Did you see the earring? I'm not 100% but they looked like the looped ribbon shape worn for awareness of different illnesses. They were silver colored so not sure which illness but probably breast cancer since her Mom is a survivor?

It looked like a regular earring to me, but perhaps it was the breast cancer type as you mentioned. In any case, it was removed from the ice so it could not be an obstacle to any of the skaters.