Dance: Virtue/Moir, Hann-McCurdy/Coreno, Lamoureux/Mee

Four Continents
Women: Lesley Hawker, Meagan Duhamel, Amelie Lacoste
Men: Chris Mabee, Nicholas Young, Marc-Andre Craig
Pair: Wakamatsu/Fecteau, Langlois/Hay, Putnam/Wirtz
Dance: Virtue/Moir, Lefebvre/Markov, Girard/Yaeger

screech

Final Flight
All in all good teams, but I have to say that personally I don't agree with Amanda Billings getting Jr. Worlds. I would have preferred someone like Tanika Gibbons.

But yay for V/M getting 4CC in addition to Jr. Worlds!

jayta

Rinkside
:clap: :thumbsup: :cool: :rock:

On the fact that V&M are going to 4CC!!!!!! Yeaaaaah! :agree:

We'll get another chance to see them perform, as we all know that Jr Worlds isn't getting broadcast...well, at least here in CANADA! *pout*

But 4CC is, and so I'm happy I'll actually get to see BOTH their dances, as we didn't even get to see that during the Nationals broadcast....::clap:

I still can't believe they DIDN'T broadcast that....

*sigh*

But at least Skate Canada recognizes talent, unlike our networks who seem to broadcast things that sometimes could be seen as, 'what the heck are we watching you blather on about?'

Seriously, 1/2 talking and showing 'rivialries' show, instead of broadcasting the OD?

*grumbles*

CDMM1991

Medalist
screech said:
All in all good teams, but I have to say that personally I don't agree with Amanda Billings getting Jr. Worlds. I would have preferred someone like Tanika Gibbons.

But yay for V/M getting 4CC in addition to Jr. Worlds!

I don't think Amanda Billings should have gotten Jr. Worlds either.

Antilles

Medalist
CTV isn't showing Jr. Worlds this year? That's too bad. I enjoyed the coverage I saw last year.

jayta

Rinkside
I know! I don't understand why it ISN"T broadcast! It's exciting and I love seeing all of the up and coming skaters! This sucks!

*sigh*

But I guess I'll have to be satisfied with seeing my dance couple, Virtue/Moir, at 4CC!

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Does anybody know why our Junior Men's champ isn't going to Junior World's? I saw his winning LP on TV and he was awesome!

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Shmuzzy said:
Does anybody know why our Junior Men's champ isn't going to Junior World's? I saw his winning LP on TV and he was awesome!
Patrick Chan, who was really wonderful in the LP, came in 7th in Senior Men's in a formidable field.

I didn't see the Men's Juniors, because US Air cancelled a connecting flight from the red-eye to Philadelphia, and I had to fly all day Thursday :)cry:) instead, so I can't compare Joey Russell to Kevin Reynolds, but if the scores are any indication, both Chan and Reynolds scored well higher than Russell, after the quali round points were deducted from the Senior Men's scores.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I thought Chan was beyond awesome in his short. The pairs and dance teams should clean up at 4Cs

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Sooo excited for Mira Leung and Shawn Sawyer... I bet they'd be like a kid in a candy store at the Olys and Worlds. Also glad Lacoste is put on the 4CC team. Hopefully she can learn lots in terms of confidence and international competition that she'll shoot for much higher targets next season.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Welcome to the board "nut"! LOL

I think that Tanika was definitely a ray of light at nationals, but I think sending Amanda to Jr. Nats is a good decision. When she is healthy (and I assume she will be) I think she is a better skater than Tanika, at least for now.