Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto's Patriotic Exhibition

Down With It
    MM- I love the way you always try to put a positive spin on things

Not the droid you're looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    Click HERE to see the Kodak moment.
    Yep, there's your Wheaties box right there!

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    Oh brother.....
    OK, Ladskater, I understand that perhaps you aren't exactly thrilled that Tanith decided to become an American citizen and that she and Ben aren't skating for Canada in the Olympics. That's OK. I might feel the same way if Ben decided to obtain Canadian citizenship and skate for Canada.

Sure, "American Woman" is hardly a complimentary song about America. Anyone who can read and/or listen to the lyrics is aware of that. I remember when the song first came out. My reaction was - "YUK!" However, as I wrote previously in this thread, I think we all need to give Tanith and Ben a break about their choice of exhibition music. After all, they had just gone through a long, emotional roller-coaster year in which they did not know until the last moment that Tanith would receive her US citizenship.

I remember the Aaron Copeland medley that Brian Boitano used for his 1994 season long program. It was a bit ponderous, but it contained some wonderful music, including selections from "Billy the Kid", and "Appalacian Spring".

Personally, I think the "American Hymn" from "East of Eden" would have been a lovely number for Tanith and Ben to skate to. It would have been a more serious number, but, again, it was their choice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4