Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sasha Cohen's "Don't Rain on My Parade" Exhibition

Skater Girl
    Sasha used DROMP a bit last season (debuted it at Worlds, I think) and then skated it during COI and it's her current exhibition this season. I don't see the problem. It's a fun program! And of course, dancindiva03, the only reason you're posting in this thread is to... dun dun dun... rain on Sasha's parade! (Or bash her like you tend to. Same diff!)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie
    Sasha used DROMP a bit last season (debuted it at Worlds, I think) and then skated it during COI and it's her current exhibition this season. I don't see the problem. It's a fun program! And of course, dancindiva03, the only reason you're posting in this thread is to... dun dun dun... rain on Sasha's parade! (Or bash her like you tend to. Same diff!)
    How is it bashing (or raining, if you will?) to point out that Sasha has a tendency to hang on to her programs for a long time? My point was NOT a bash, but to demonstrate that she didn't do it as a "So there, I won, don't ruin it for me", she did it because she's been using it a while, since the last Worlds and all through COI, right? All I was saying is that its not like it is a new program that she picked just becuase she knew she would win and wanted to rub it in everyone's faces. Stop being so overly sensitive, will you please?

Custom Title
    Clearly the jumps were omitted to allow her to have, for the first time, an event with no polishing of the ice. Although, she and a couple of whoa-nellies in the long program, she had a good, but not great skate.

Am sure she is happy to have stayed on her feet, both of them, at the exhibition.

Custom Title
    I wonder if she will be keeping DROMP for her Oly exhibition -- and what people will say if she uses it, but didn't win the OGM?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    Too bad Michelle couldn't skate it at Nationals. I agree with you that skaters seems to chose Exhibition numbers to tell people what's the persona they are. Sasha's Exhibition "Don't Rain on My Parade" was the right one for her. There seems to be a lot of raining on Sasha's parade since she won the Nationals. It has been coming down in buckets. She probablly skated it for that very reason because she knew that people would be pouring their not so nice thoughts on her and nice thoughts on someone else.
    You missed my point, millie.

But anyway, I'm not the one to rain your dear's parade. I even congrated her for her first US title in another board. If I had intention to rain on your dear's parade, there are bath-tubs water, not the buckets, available there. Take it easy, OK?

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Sasha was awesome and the best......... as always.

Custom Woman
    I think Sasha probably skated it because she had her plate full with making the changes to "R&J" and trying to perfect "Dark Eyes." It seems Sasha is one of those skaters who takes a long time to feel really comfortable with a program.

I think if she could fix some of her most serious technical problems and whatever concentration issues she has, she could probably change her programs more often.

OTOH, other skaters have kept their exhibition programs for several years. I think with the COP, they all have a lot more to work on in their competitive programs. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing more repeats of SPs and exhibition programs under the COP.

I haven't seen the exhibtions. Either they haven't yet showed them in the East or I missed them. So I can't comment on the quality of her performance.

But as Thisthingcalledlove said
    I think the mark of a good skater is if they can captivate you with a jumpless program. She did just that for me yesterday.
    I can't say it any better.

Rgirl
    Last edited by Rgirl; 01-17-2006 at 12:12 PM.

Custom Title

no polishing this time

Sasha didn't polish the ice this time. It wasn't flawless but there weren't falls, either. And her concentration seemed better throughout. Plus, she's showing glimmers of actually expressing the music.

Linny

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny
    Sasha didn't polish the ice this time. It wasn't flawless but there weren't falls, either. And her concentration seemed better throughout. Plus, she's showing glimmers of actually expressing the music.

Linny
    Sasha will need to really focus and concentrate if she wants to medal at Tornio. Of course, all of the women must do the same!

Custom Title
    My goodness, tough crowd. I liked her exhibition performance a lot, and her dress...I thought she had those wow positions, held them and highlighted them, and seemed to have spunk. It was fun to watch.

Custom Title
    It's true!! Every program Sasha is skating to this year has been used before in previous years!! I guess she don't like to venture outside of her "comfort zone."

Custom Title
    Sasha's kind of using the same music but they aren't really the same programs.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny

Linny
    I agree with you. Sasha skated very well at Nationals, with or without the flu, and she delivered two strong programs. She should be very proud of herself for achieving the National title.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2