Sasha Cohen's "Don't Rain on My Parade" Exhibition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's "Don't Rain on My Parade" Exhibition

I think Sasha probably skated it because she had her plate full with making the changes to "R&J" and trying to perfect "Dark Eyes." It seems Sasha is one of those skaters who takes a long time to feel really comfortable with a program.

I think if she could fix some of her most serious technical problems and whatever concentration issues she has, she could probably change her programs more often.

OTOH, other skaters have kept their exhibition programs for several years. I think with the COP, they all have a lot more to work on in their competitive programs. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing more repeats of SPs and exhibition programs under the COP.

I haven't seen the exhibtions. Either they haven't yet showed them in the East or I missed them. So I can't comment on the quality of her performance.

But as Thisthingcalledlove said
I think the mark of a good skater is if they can captivate you with a jumpless program. She did just that for me yesterday.
I can't say it any better.

Rgirl

Last edited:

Linny

Final Flight
no polishing this time

Sasha didn't polish the ice this time. It wasn't flawless but there weren't falls, either. And her concentration seemed better throughout. Plus, she's showing glimmers of actually expressing the music.

Linny

S

SkateFan4Life

Linny said:
Sasha didn't polish the ice this time. It wasn't flawless but there weren't falls, either. And her concentration seemed better throughout. Plus, she's showing glimmers of actually expressing the music.

Linny

Sasha will need to really focus and concentrate if she wants to medal at Tornio. Of course, all of the women must do the same! :biggrin:

emma

Record Breaker
My goodness, tough crowd. I liked her exhibition performance a lot, and her dress...I thought she had those wow positions, held them and highlighted them, and seemed to have spunk. It was fun to watch.

Fossi

Final Flight
It's true!! Every program Sasha is skating to this year has been used before in previous years!! I guess she don't like to venture outside of her "comfort zone." :rofl:

S

SkateFan4Life

Linny said:

Linny

I agree with you. Sasha skated very well at Nationals, with or without the flu, and she delivered two strong programs. She should be very proud of herself for achieving the National title.