Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pink gas guzzler?????

Considering she went a little crazy after seeing a hummer on the bus ride to the arena and taking photos with her camera phone and texting friends about it I highly doubt ABC/ESPN had to work hard to make her into a stereotypical blonde 16 year old

she is cute and very talented... but teh pink hummer was a bit much lol

Custom Title
    If Katy goes to Four Continents -- and I think she will be named to 4CC -- you can bet that ESPN/ABC will give us a big fluff piece on 'Katy & the Hummer - part 2"!!!

Silliness aside - I LOVE Katy's skating & adorable looks! Wow! WOW! WOW! She has 'Star Power' written all over her face. Pure Sonja Henie. She's the biggest surprise of the Sr Ladies, as far as I'm concerned. Who the heck would have imagined Katy Taylor ending up 4th at this year's Nationals?

Custom Title
    Katy seems like such an airhead, let's be honest.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Perhaps Katy and her Hummer will become America's next big pairs sensation. Rena & John, Marcy & Aaron, Katie & Garrett, Naomi & Themistocles -- watch your backs....

Custom Title
    But can Rena and John perform a "roll over" move???

Pairs may have the throw flip, but only Hummer can perform the flip on its roof

can anyone provide a link to the story about katy's hummer?

Custom Title
    This was just shown on TV, dwiggin3. Perhaps skatingvideos.com has a link?

EDITED TO ADD -
    Here's a link to the Katy-Hummer videoclip that you can download, from SkatingVideos.com. If it has expired ("not available"), you can request that it be reposted on the same thread.

First, go here (about halfway donw page one of this thread:
    http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1748

You will find this:
    Katy Taylor's short program and a fluff about her dream pink Hummer
    http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...S0UBG5GYY1UJTQ

I don't think that ABC had any idea how this would develop & take on a life of its own. It just started as a 30-second 'soundbites interview' of Katy, right before she skated her SP (Thursday night ESPN2 show). Katy said that her dream is to own a hot-pink Hummer. On her 16th birthday, not long ago, her parents took her to the Hummer showroom where she got to test-drive it. She has saved $3,000 in her piggy bank to buy it; now she only needs the final $27,000. Peggy & Terry just crazy laughing about this "ONLY $27K" quip. The soundbite-inteview was repeated a couple of times during the four days of broadcasting (Sat night during ladies SP recap & just before Katy's LP), always with a photo-flash of a pink hummer. Hence, by the time that Katy was interviewed 'live' at rinkside by Suzy at the Sunday exhibitions, this joke was the 'talk of the town' and Terry quipped about the pink hummer having been shown three times.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 01-17-2006 at 05:37 PM.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_fan
    But can Rena and John perform a "roll over" move???

Pairs may have the throw flip, but only Hummer can perform the flip on its roof
    I wonder what the base value on that is....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2