SOI San Diego | Golden Skate

SOI San Diego

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Just wanted to give a little review here on the show last night in San Diego.

First of all my husband and I had very good seats, first row behind the ones on the ice. Being so close to the ice you get to see the skaters up close. The bad thing about being so close is that you can't get a full view of the entire ice surface or see what is happening on the far side.

Some of the skaters where having a hard time. Yuka fell twice, Jennifer popped some jumps & Elena took a really bad fall (thought she hit her head) on a throw jump. But all in all a very good show.

My favorite skater last night was Steven Cousins. He is so personal when he skates, making eye contact with the audience. He had stopped in front of us and was standing there when he realized a lady in front of me was taking a picture of him. He saw this and gave the biggest smile for her and made us all laugh.

Todd Eldredge is always a class act and also has good eye contact with the audience. I was anxious to see his "Bolero" routine and it wasn't a disappointment. He did a funny act with a puppet that looked like Scott Hamilton.

Jennifer Robinson was a delight. The comment from my husband was "she sure can spin"!

That Anton Sikharulidze sure gets better looking every year;) I love the way this pair skates, I just wish they would give more to the audience it seems they skate into themselves.

Kyoko & John's "Vertigo" was one of the best skates of the night.

Jamie & David are so good, smooth as ice.

Alexei Yagudin's foot work is just wonderful. Oh how I wish I could move my feet on the ice like him.

Overall I enjoyed the show very much.

I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed the show!!! Still a pretty long wait for us...March 10 in Philly.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the review, dlkksk8fan! Glad you enjoyed the show. Can't wait to see it in March. :clap: :party: