changing the program? | Golden Skate

changing the program?

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
just a quick question... will skaters try to "upgrade" their programs for the olympics by adding more difficult elements? for example, might sasha go for a triple lutz-triple toe instead of the triple lutz-double toe she did at nationals?

I hope so. "Citius, Altius, Fortius!" I hope the winning lady brings a triple Axel (Go Kimmie!), or at least two triple-triples, like Sarah did in 2002.

In fact, I have always felt that if you don't fall at least twice in your LP then you are not attempting hard enough stuff.

Like an Olympic pole vaulter. You can't win by setting the bar at 19 feet and clearing it easily. The guy who wins will set the bar at 20 feet, though he may fail twice before getting over.

Let the games begin!

MM :)

They will definitely revise their program according to the breakdown of the scores from other competitions. that is, they will try to get levels 3 and 4 up from levels 2 and 3.

As for risk taking,i.e., going for a higher level jump which at practice has been a 50-50 result, that will be decided on what skating order they are in and who before them skated so well. I think the Men will definitely take the risks. I doubt the Ladies will.

Joe