Skating With Celebrities! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skating With Celebrities!

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Frau Muller said:
I feel that the show's producers have given him a script and ask him to growl for the camera.

Clearly, you've never seen Nicks and Cohen do their best shtick. :rofl:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Pixie Cut said:
Clearly, you've never seen Nicks and Cohen do their best shtick. :rofl:

Yeah but is that Nicks or Sasha? Sasha is capable of turning the meekest, mild-mannered coach into a monster, I suspect! In fact, when I heard that Sasha was going back to Nicks, I thought, "Aha -- she can only operate when she is the boss, so she goes to the quietest guy in the business." Truly - I always equated Nicks with 'Mr. Prim-and-Proper Tea-and-Crumpets' manners until very recently.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I simply cannot get over the idea of John Nicks ripping Todd Bridges a new one because of a fall... that is what we call ironic.:disapp:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
I simply cannot get over the idea of John Nicks ripping Todd Bridges a new one because of a fall... that is what we call ironic.:disapp:

:laugh:

S

SkateFan4Life

I watched 'Round Two' of the competitiion last night. Actually, I thought it was reasonably entertaining, although I thought that some of the skating was pretty poor. With all due respect to Todd Bridges and Bruce Jenner, and I give them credit for having the guts to try to learn to figure skate in a few weeks, they simply are not ice skaters. Both of them appeared to be trying VERY hard to stay up and not crash on the ice. Todd did show a lot of improvement, however, and I was sorry that he fell towards the end of his performance with Jenni Meno.

Bruce, well, the guy won the 1976 Olympic decathalon, so he was obviously a highly trained athlete, but he, too, looked like a fish out of water. His partner, Tai Babilonia, however, made their performance quite entertaining.

The worst performance, in my opinion was that of Nancy Kerrigan and David Colliler (sp). It was awful!! Dave kept sitting on a stool while Nancy skated around him, an obvious attempt to cover up for his non-existent skating skills. They merited the verbal criticism they received for their "performance".

Sorry, I'm sounding like John Nicks now!:biggrin:

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Well for whatever reason the show isn't being shown tonight in my neck of the woods like it was last week. Looks like I have to wait until tomorrow like everybody else. Oh the injustice :laugh:

S

SkateFan4Life

Mathman said:
And just what is supposed to be funny or entertaining about someone being mean-spirited and ugly with a British accent?

Absolutely nothing, as far as I'm concerned. Nicks comes across as a grumpy old man, plain and simple, and his nasty criticisms of the skaters - especially those who obviously aren't trained figure skaters but were willing to participate in this program - is just terrible. :banging:

Are you guys watching this? John Zimmerman's partner skated great, and John took a huge fall on a death drop, LOL.

Bruce Jenner is 1000% improved. He's skating on one foot, on edge, plus he and Tai have great unison and chemistry. :agree:

CDMM1991 said:
Too bad Kristi stumbled there, the rest looked pretty impressive to me!
Yeah, except for the part where Lloyd banged her face on the ice and cut her chin. Ouch.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Mathman said:
Yeah, except for the part where Lloyd banged her face on the ice and cut her chin. Ouch.

That's true. But I think they should be rewarded a bit more for taking the risks that they do.

millie

Medalist
Nicks is hilarious. It's probably in the script for him to act as the bad guy, same as Simon on Ameican Idol. To bad for Kirk and Deborah.

Oh well, Kurt wins the award for best costume. Raspberry is your friend, Kurt.

Idleracer, sorry about the spoilers. I forgot about the time difference.

MM

orchid

On the Ice
Piel said:
SPOILER
The judges:
John Nicks (plays the Simon Cowell role)
Dorothy Hamill
Mark Lund

Choreographers that were shown rRndy Gardner and Michael Siebbert

have been working on this for four weeks.
Hmmmm, Mr. Nicks as a judge!. Wee-llll, this thing started to tape in late October, just about the time Mz. Cohen reevaluated her skating performances and practices. Hmmm, a introspective revelation she had, or was it ?

Jhar55

Medalist
Well, I've watched it for the last time. Dave and Nancy ahead of Lloyd and kristi.
Dave and Nancy has reused 2 of Lloyd and Isabells programs (blues bros & the man in drag) and tonights was just awful. I didn't even watch Kurt and Debbie.
I think the whole show is fixed even though it's supposed to be a fun show it's not at least to me.
Can't wait for some real skating OLYMPICS :rock:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kwanford Wife said:
Why is that ironic? I am not following what you mean??

Dee

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Mathman said:
That certainly wasn't pretty, but that Lloyd can lift her at all is impressive. He must be the strongest man on ice. :biggrin: