Skating With Celebrities! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skating With Celebrities!

I just thought of a way to make this show better. The problem is, no one has ever heard of any of these celebrities. So send them all home and hire a new celebrity cast, featuring some bigger names.

I would suggest: Kritsti Yamaguchi, Kyoko Ina, Todd Sand, Randy Gardner, Isabelle Brasseur and Paul Wylie.

Then they could skate, respectively, with Kurt Browning, John Zimmerman, Jenny Meno, Tai Babilonia, Lloyd Eisler and Nancy Kerrigan. :yes:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
MM, to really be consistent you should replace Browning with Galindo!

76olympics

On the Ice
I enjoyed it..though I know it is corny, etc. It is really no worse than some of the shows that aired during the "boom." It is such a kick to see Tai skate--I think it is a testament to her skills as as partner that she really seemed to work with Bruce and tried to make him look better. He was creaky--but since he had only a month to come from zilch, it could have been much much worse. Actually, all of the celebs did stay on their feet which I think shows they did put in a LOT of work.

I do think they should have recruited all their celebs from the "never skated" ranks. Jillian has too much experience to be there, IMHO. John seemed to find her pushiness a little tiresome! :rofl: He may have to suffer for the sake of his "edge" in this race!

I liked Mr. Nicks and I never mind seeing Dorothy (see my screen name!). Mark Lund is a bit of a trial.

Now if they could just get skaters to choose up teams and have a softball competition in Central Park, that would get me over to the park.

Jo

S

SkateFan4Life

Suggestion - If they want to escalate the ratings, they should bring in the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Mick Jagger, and Paul McCartney. They could pair these guys with Kristi Yamaguchi, Yuka Sato, Tai Babilonia, Jamie Sele, and Katia Gordeeva. These ladies have all skated pairs at some portion of their wonderful skating careers, in some cases throughout their entire skating careers, so they would be excellent partners.

Book Radio City Music Hall, call the program "Rock on Ice", and have all proceeds funnelled to the skaters' and rock stars' favorite charties.

Judges? Dick Button, Tracy Wilson, Robin Cousins, and Sara Karahawa.

OK, this will never happen. It's a cheery thought, however. :rock:

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Did anybody watch tonight? I was out so I set up the VCR only to find out that the stupid football game ran about half an hour into the program slot. :frown: I managed to see the first four pairs. Luckily it's on again tomorrow night!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Shmuzzy said:
Did anybody watch tonight? I was out so I set up the VCR only to find out that the stupid football game ran about half an hour into the program slot. :frown: I managed to see the first four pairs. Luckily it's on again tomorrow night!

huh? I was watching the football game tonight and they advertised it as coming on tomorrow night, not right afterward. So it must have been a repeat.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
No, it was the second episode. I have come to the conclusion that they must have aired it in Canada first. I have no idea why. It was in my TV listings for Sunday at 10, and Monday at 8. I will be tuning in tomorrow to see the last two pairs since I missed them.

Norlite

On the Ice
Yes, it is airing Sunday nights on Global in Canada and Monday nights on Fox in US.

I watched it, but won't spoil it for anyone in the States who won't see it until tomorrow.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Very interesting. I was not aware of this.

I thought Fox came up with the show (they didn't try to "bid" to get it). Does this mean they "lent" it to the Global Canada network...or they partly own it...or what?

Johar

Medalist
A reminder, that the show airs tonight (Monday). Unfortunately for me, it's on the same time as Surface, so i will tape the skating show and watch Surface.

This show is no fair at all. John Zimmerman's partner is so much better than everyone else, there is no contest. If the judges were fair this team would be so far in front no one else would have a chance.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I agree, John and Jillian have way too much of an advantage. It just isn't fair. She's annoying, too. Almost as annoying as John Nicks. He's the biggest asswipe I've seen in a long time.

Teenes

On the Ice
Ratings are in for SWC's Monday night premiere:
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|99691|1|,00.html

Skating with Celebrities got a 7.0/10, narrowly losing the 8PM hour to CBS' King of Queens and How I Met Your Mother. Overall, combined with 24, FOX got 2nd place for the night after CBS, and 2nd for adults 18-49.

As expected, there was a definite drop-off from its premiere after American Idol, but this, at least as far as I can see, was still quite solid. If you look at the ratings breakdown for all the shows Monday night, not a single show (except CSI: Miami at 10PM) got ratings near the level of what SWC and Lost got Wednesday night, or anywhere near the level of American Idol.

So far, so good... (I think).

IDLERACER

Medalist
dancindiva03 said:
Almost as annoying as John Nicks. He's the biggest asswipe I've seen in a long time.
It's obvious that that is because the producers told him to be one before the show began. That's the role he's playing. They sat all three of them down and said "alright Dorothy, you're the consilatory Paula Abdul Character, Nicks, you'll be the mean Simon Cowell character, and whatever that other guy's name is will be the token gay dude ala Ryan Seacrest.

Ever since that show "The Weakest Link" made a big splash by having a mean spirited British woman insult people every week, there's been a trend in Hollywood to cast people with English accents as villains on game shows...Although I seriously question whether or not this can be classified as a "game show," seeing as there are no civilians involved. Only athletes and ex-celebrities. Do the winners get anything?

Teenes said:
Skating with Celebrities got a 7.0/10, narrowly losing the 8PM hour to CBS' King of Queens and How I Met Your Mother. Overall, combined with 24, FOX got 2nd place for the night after CBS, and 2nd for adults 18-49.
:clap: I stopped watching How I met Your Mother when it became clear that they were never going to tell us how he met their mother. (No actualy, I stopped watching as soon as I saw that Doogie Houser was on it.)

Anyway...the dynamic duo of Kurt Browning followed by Jack Bower -- it's a hit!

MM

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Jenny and Todd got the ax. He fell so he was an open target. I was hoping Nancy and Dave would be eliminated. She did all the work, Dave just skated around.

John and Jillian certainly have a huge advantage. Not fair.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
This show is making John Nicks more famous (infamous?) than ever. By the time that he appears in Torino with Sasha, the average American TV viewer will know him well. The sad thing is that I believe that this is just a Simon-Cowellish fake 'persona' for this show. In all of the years that I have been to US Nationals & other competitions, I've only heard of & known of John Nicks as being a very nice person. I feel that the show's producers have given him a script and ask him to growl for the camera. HOLLYWOOD PHONEY-LAND ONCE AGAIN.

And just what is supposed to be funny or entertaining about someone being mean-spirited and ugly with a British accent?