Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Skating With Celebrities!

Just an average girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller
    I feel that the show's producers have given him a script and ask him to growl for the camera.
    Clearly, you've never seen Nicks and Cohen do their best shtick.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Cut
    Clearly, you've never seen Nicks and Cohen do their best shtick.

Yeah but is that Nicks or Sasha? Sasha is capable of turning the meekest, mild-mannered coach into a monster, I suspect! In fact, when I heard that Sasha was going back to Nicks, I thought, "Aha -- she can only operate when she is the boss, so she goes to the quietest guy in the business." Truly - I always equated Nicks with 'Mr. Prim-and-Proper Tea-and-Crumpets' manners until very recently.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 01-24-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Shoe Diva
    I simply cannot get over the idea of John Nicks ripping Todd Bridges a new one because of a fall... that is what we call ironic.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    I simply cannot get over the idea of John Nicks ripping Todd Bridges a new one because of a fall... that is what we call ironic.

SkateFan4Life
    I watched 'Round Two' of the competitiion last night. Actually, I thought it was reasonably entertaining, although I thought that some of the skating was pretty poor. With all due respect to Todd Bridges and Bruce Jenner, and I give them credit for having the guts to try to learn to figure skate in a few weeks, they simply are not ice skaters. Both of them appeared to be trying VERY hard to stay up and not crash on the ice. Todd did show a lot of improvement, however, and I was sorry that he fell towards the end of his performance with Jenni Meno.

Bruce, well, the guy won the 1976 Olympic decathalon, so he was obviously a highly trained athlete, but he, too, looked like a fish out of water. His partner, Tai Babilonia, however, made their performance quite entertaining.

The worst performance, in my opinion was that of Nancy Kerrigan and David Colliler (sp). It was awful!! Dave kept sitting on a stool while Nancy skated around him, an obvious attempt to cover up for his non-existent skating skills. They merited the verbal criticism they received for their "performance".

Sorry, I'm sounding like John Nicks now!

Custom Title
    Well for whatever reason the show isn't being shown tonight in my neck of the woods like it was last week. Looks like I have to wait until tomorrow like everybody else. Oh the injustice

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    And just what is supposed to be funny or entertaining about someone being mean-spirited and ugly with a British accent?
    Absolutely nothing, as far as I'm concerned. Nicks comes across as a grumpy old man, plain and simple, and his nasty criticisms of the skaters - especially those who obviously aren't trained figure skaters but were willing to participate in this program - is just terrible. :banging:

Are you guys watching this? John Zimmerman's partner skated great, and John took a huge fall on a death drop, LOL.

Bruce Jenner is 1000% improved. He's skating on one foot, on edge, plus he and Tai have great unison and chemistry.

Now Nancy Kerrigan put a hand down on a throw jump. The celebrities are beating the pros.

Too bad Kristi stumbled there, the rest looked pretty impressive to me!

Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Too bad Kristi stumbled there, the rest looked pretty impressive to me!
    Yeah, except for the part where Lloyd banged her face on the ice and cut her chin. Ouch.

Here on the west coast, it'll be on in a couple of hours. This should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Yeah, except for the part where Lloyd banged her face on the ice and cut her chin. Ouch.
    That's true. But I think they should be rewarded a bit more for taking the risks that they do.

Glad Kurt can finally go back to his day job: being the great singles skater he is.

Custom Title
    Nicks is hilarious. It's probably in the script for him to act as the bad guy, same as Simon on Ameican Idol. To bad for Kirk and Deborah.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast