Joubert's PCS scores, ridiculously inflated, French politics in works again!!!! | Golden Skate

Joubert's PCS scores, ridiculously inflated, French politics in works again!!!!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Joubert's PCS scores, ridiculously inflated, French politics in works again!!!!

Joubert's PCS scores were disgusting. Outrageously inflated, bogus, way way too high. There is no way in he%l he should get higher PCS scores in any category, except maybe skating skills than Lambiel or Buttle for example. Obviously the French federation has pulled off some of their dealmaking again to get Joubert a medal in Turin and it is disgusting!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I wouldn't go that far. Like always, we see inflation of the home team's scores. This is not happening in men only - just look at the dance. I think it has little to do with a specific federation - just remember the two German bronzes at the Dortmund Olympics!

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Brian Joubert - if he wins, and even if he medals - will be the BEST thing to hit the popularity of men's figure skating in decades. He could have international mass-appeal, and actually draw men's interest into the sport.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Zanzibar said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Brian Joubert - if he wins, and even if he medals - will be the BEST thing to hit the popularity of men's figure skating in decades. He could have international mass-appeal, and actually draw men's interest into the sport.

WHY??? Lots of male skaters are much more handsome than this self-designated 'God's Gift to Women'! 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and, to some, Joubert is just a shortish, muscular guy with a cocky face. I'll take a tall blonde any day! ;)

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Frau Muller said:
WHY??? Lots of male skaters are much more handsome than this self-designated 'God's Gift to Women'! 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and, to some, Joubert is just a shortish, muscular guy with a cocky face. I'll take a tall blonde any day! ;)

Because Brian doesn't repel men the way most male skaters do. Let's face it - I really like Plushenko - but he will not draw US men, for example, to figure skating. Brian has an image that men like - they relate to him. Plus, he has an accessible personality. It's just my opinion, but Brian would be an 'easy sell' to sponsors and to the worldwide public. Btw, he's really not a self-designated 'God's Gift to Women', lol - he is - especially compared to some skaters - just a very nice guy - what you would call the 'boy next door.'

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I just remember Brian cavorting with a former Miss France, then breaking up with her once they got their photos splashed all over Paris-Match and the newspapers. All of his TV 'fluff pieces' are very heavy on the 'sex bomb' thing.
Sorry - that dude rubs me the wrong way...the 'ickkkk' factor. Love his skating, though (when he is 'on').

If the important thing for marketers is to show a 'Real Macho Man,' then Michael Weiss would've been a billionaire a long time ago!

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Actually, as a bachelor he's more marketable than a married with kids guy like Weiss. Note the drop in publicity that Plushenko has experienced since getting married and the enormous rise in fame that Alexei has had since moving back to Russia last summer. Being a bachelor is good for publicity.

A magazine once commissioned a piece from me on Yagudin because of his 'bad boy' image and I later found out from Weiss' agent that the same mag. had turned them down as Mike's image was 'too clean.'

But, LOL, back to Brian! He's the star today!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Zanzibar said:
A magazine once commissioned a piece from me on Yagudin because of his 'bad boy' image and I later found out from Weiss' agent that the same mag. had turned them down as Mike's image was 'too clean.'

I know I'm just being silly here, but this is all quite interesting to me. As a SPDOL (self proclaimed dirty old lady) give me that BAD BOY image every time!! What the heck, I'm just reading the menu anyway. ;)

DG

See, that right there is why men will never be able to understand ladies. Bad is good and good is bad. I'm bad. That's good. No wait, that's b-a-a-d. :think:

Is Brian J. good or bad? :p

Jill

On the Ice
Like my dear Aunt May used to say, "When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad, I'm better!;) "

I'm another SPDOBroad who would jump out a window if I could land on Brian Joubert:love: !!!! Of course I wouldn't know first hand, but he looks really, really, BAAAAAD to moi!

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Zanzibar said:
Being a bachelor is good for publicity.

I believe you, Zanzibar! However, I ask myself "Why?" Is the traditional figure-skating audience made up of lonely women-of-certain-age (or lonely gay guys) for whom the sexy male skaters are "fantasy boyfriends"??? Gee -- all this time I thought that it was the skating skills & genuine personalities that mattered. Dumb me!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I hope this is only because the event is in France and when we get to Turin his PCS scores get pulled way down to where they deserve to be.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I don't know Frau, but I can tell you this - even Plushenko's agent wasn't exactly keen on his getting married this year - for that exact reason - concern it would diminish his popularity.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Mathman said:
See, that right there is why men will never be able to understand ladies. Bad is good and good is bad. I'm bad. That's good. No wait, that's b-a-a-d. :think:

Is Brian J. good or bad? :p

Brian is definitely a good boy. And MM, we ladies share your pain :agree: in our often confusing and contradictory words and actions concerning bad boys and nice guys...because generally, lol, bad boys finish first!

Jill

On the Ice
I'll tell you, Frau, since I guess I'm one of those "lonely women of certain age" that you speak of, no, that's not why I watch this sport. I've been a fan of skating long before I had my first boyfriend. I watch for the same reasons you do-because I love the sport. So is it my fault that some guys are a little easier to watch than others? No. Can you blame me for noticing? Hardly.

I can't speak for all the other geezers here on the board, but I've been happily married for 20 years, and I even got my husband into the sport.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Well, the French crowd at the just-completed Ice Dance finals didn't think that the judges inflated enough for Delobel/Schoenfelder...so I guess that the 'French Factor' works only in some instances. :yes:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
Well, the French crowd at the just-completed Ice Dance finals didn't think that the judges inflated enough for Delobel/Schoenfelder...so I guess that the 'French Factor' works only in some instances. :yes:

Well considering Delobel and Schoenfelder were really lacking in the PCS and to see 8's across the board for them was a shock a good shock :laugh:

curious

Final Flight
Zanzibar said:
I don't know Frau, but I can tell you this - even Plushenko's agent wasn't exactly keen on his getting married this year - for that exact reason - concern it would diminish his popularity.

that's ridiculous lol! plush is a great athlete not an actor:biggrin: