I Hate Snow! | Golden Skate

I Hate Snow!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
pardon the rant but we're supposed to get up to 18 inches this weekend... and it's really snowing now so I can see it happening... if it doesn't let up for a bit tomorrow (my bday, I will continue to remind all of you lol I'm such a little kid!) then I won't be going home for my birthday weekend. It really sucks because I was really looking forward to it (and don't listen to Heather because I was whining about having to travel the weekend I got back from nationals lol I was also sleep deprived and out of my mind... so anything she says otherwise she's lying about!)...

so DOWN WITH SNOW. SNOW SUCKS... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Happy B-day Toni.

Sorry you have zero sympathy from me! I wish we would get 18 inches of snow. I have a brand new snow-shoes but it's middle of January and no snow in upstate NY. I don't mind the mild weather but the rain kills me. Just a bit of snow that actually stays on the ground, please???

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Early this season we had a big snowstorm, and decided to invest in a snow plow. We did, and it hasn't snowed since! It's actually in the 50's!!! In Boston!!!!!

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Just a trace of freshly fallen stuff on the ground north of Toronto. December started off with a vengeance and then about half way through somebody turned off the "snow switch". We have had nothing but rain for the last 5 weeks. Yesterday it was 12°C and people were out golfing. Crazy stuff!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Happy Belated Birthday Toni!! I'm sure that's in the celebrations section....I always forget to go there. I think it's subconscious as I'm of the age where I prefer to forget my own birthdays... Anyway, I hope you had a
chorusline5gn.gif
chorusline5gn.gif
chorusline5gn.gif

(Rockette) sort of birthday!!

DG

Johar

Medalist
Give me all of that snow! I have cross country skis but no snow to use them on. Yesterday was almost 51. That is not normal for Indiana in January.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well we have a LOT of snow but I did make it to Kenai for my bday yesterday and we just got back to Anchorage... and there is just TONS of snow... and it's not letting up at all....

talk about blizzard... I'll have the pictures up sometime soon, I hope... my laptop's powercable fried and no one here sells replacements, they say I have to go to Hewlett Packard

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

For all the days past...

As for the snow, I'd suggest moving to the south, but here in Richmond the city shuts down at the mere hint of snow AND they cannot drive...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
backspin said:
If you hate snow you may want to re-think the Alaska thing............ :laugh:

born and raised here... ain't leaving on a bit o' snow....

I also hate the cold... and the lack of sunlight... but the 3 months of summer make up for the 9 months of Almost winter, Winter, and Still Winter....

Nana

Rinkside
Oh,you live in USA! No wonder you hate snow but differen from me.

I wish that I live in the place where snowy all year !

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
Toni,
How was the birthday? Hope it was great!
Bday was fun

Nana - snowy all year round is only found at the poles (North Pole, South pole) Alaska is only snowy 7-9 months out of the year ;)

b50.gif
(belated)

I don't like a lot of snow, we rarely get a lot here in Southern NJ. But this year has been ridiculous with the mildness of our winter. I shouldn't complain, I mostly like it, but it'd be nice to see just a bit of snow before winter is out, so Spring will seem like something new and fresh....now watch, since I posted this, WE'LL get a blizzard!;)

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,
Glad bday turned okay and you got to visit home. I hate snow too and usually we have lots of it here but this winter we got January in December and who knows what to call the mild weather we've had in January. I have that feeling of dread that Mother Nature will get us in Feb and March and April!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
We had a very mild winter with just about no snow in December... even though we had some early snow storms last fall... now we're getting hit with snow storms then weeks of -20* F weather.. then snow again.... I don't know what the weather man wants with us but I'm gonna go after him lol