Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just got this in an email... gotta love website update emails

READ A REVIEW OF TIMOTHY'S RECORD-SETTING CAREER

Go to www.timothygoebel.com and click on the Profile page. Read about
Timothy's magnificent career on and off the ice and how he changed the
sport.

You will get a quick preview what Timothy will be doing.

Fans can participate by contributing their favorite memory of Timothy's
career, to date. If Timothy touched your life on or off the ice, or you
have a memory or inspirational message it will be posted on Timothy's
Web site. Remember to include your first name and city/state or country.

Send to: [email protected]

Timothy will continue to be updating his journals and news on his
career will continue frequently.

I sent my email a few days ago... he certainly has more than just a crappy last season to look back on and I hope he does start looking at his career, so far, in a better light SOON. :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Sounds like he's retiring...is he?

he announced at the beginning of the season that this was his last competitive season... he hasn't answered one way or the other about skating in tours/professionally

Eeyora

Final Flight
I feel bad for the guy. He should remember the good days and not the bad. He was the first American to medal at the Olympics in 10 years.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Eeyora said:
I feel bad for the guy. He should remember the good days and not the bad. He was the first American to medal at the Olympics in 10 years.
American Man ;)

S

SkateFan4Life

Eeyora said:

I share your sentiments concerning Timothy. He truly was a trailblazer with his multiple quad jumps, and his jumping ability (certainly not his artistic ability) led him to one US title, two World silver medals, and the 2002 Olympic bronze medal.

Sadly, after so many injuries, Tim simply isn't the "Quad King", and that was his primary claime to fame. Without those jumps, he's pretty much just another senior level figure skater who struggles with his jumps and artistry.