VCR Alert Sarah Hughes & Friends | Page 2 | Golden Skate

VCR Alert Sarah Hughes & Friends

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Is Karen Kadavy really 38? Wow - she really outskated Sarah who is what - 18 years younger? Kudos to Karen.

I thought Stephane was marvelous, and Elena and Anton as always were just magnificent. Could Anton possibly have better posture - it's near perfect.

Even though Shae isn't a big jumper, her skating skills are so superb - and she's such a beauty - that she's really a pleasure to watch.

It was my first time seeing Stephane skating on a US televised show and it looks like he has a bright future in that capacity - he's got moves no one else is doing.

jesslily

Final Flight
For Todd performance, I only catched part of his one program. He put in two triple toes, and spins were much slower than his competitive years' spin. So we can see how hard for a well trained skater to maintain all his skills. For Tim Goeble, he might have tried very very hard to keep his qauds till his 2nd Olympic cycle, at the end, he just simply can not do it with all the injuries.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hockeyfan228 said:
The best part of the show for me was getting to see B/S without S/P. I was starting to think they were going to be tied at the hip perpetually in North America. Bravo Sarah Hughes :rock:
I agree about seeing B&S alone. They are just sooooooooooooo elegant!!

Dee

CB1AB2

Medalist
I thought the show was very nicely done. Even thou I didn't like Ashanti's first number ( they must have been pretty cold=I wonder if any one came down with a Chest cold ).
I too liked Shae Lynn's skating, She floats on the ice. Todd gets better and better ( I can't wait to see him in SOI). I would have liked Alexi's number better without all the (pelvic moves) except for his straight line footwork that was excellent.
John and Kyoko were fantastic. I never get tired of seeing them.

cb

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, I didn't see all of it yet but what I'm going to say is nasty. I couldn't stand the **** dancers and their singing (?). It was obscene!:disapp: :frown: :scowl: :sheesh:

IDLERACER

Medalist
I just saw the re-broadcast of this on Bravo. Just want to say that Sarah's spins and spirals are as good as ever. The falling leaf split was also top-notch. She just needs to get those triples back.

Ashanti's music is thoroughly unsuited to this sort of thing. At one point, the guy working the turntable yelled out "Put your hands together for Ashanti and Sarah Hughes!"...While Caryn Kadavy was skating.