Who Will Show Up? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who Will Show Up?

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
I've said this already once, but I'll repeat:

RUSSIANS ARE NOT THOSE WHO MAKE SCANDALS!

And you know that very good. Who made a scandal in SLC? CANADIANS, for pairs, and AMERICANS for ladies.
And to who? To RUSSIANS.
Did Russians did anything about that? No, they didn't. Even when it was so easy to see that Russians should have Pairs and Ladies OGMs!!!

So, please, next time when you're talking bad about Russians, think before you do it. There's no reason for those things.

What do I think about Worlds? Ofcourse it will be all about Irina! She is the best!
Carolina will fight for a medal on the Olympics and on the Worlds. And I would so like if she gets a medal! Georgian girl is veeery good, but I don't think that she is mentaly ready for those big events. Her time will come...

antmanb

Record Breaker
anything_for_skating said:

And you know that very good. Who made a scandal in SLC? CANADIANS, for pairs, and AMERICANS for ladies.
And to who? To RUSSIANS.
Did Russians did anything about that? No, they didn't. Even when it was so easy to see that Russians should have Pairs and Ladies OGMs!!!

So, please, next time when you're talking bad about Russians, think before you do it. There's no reason for those things.

What do I think about Worlds? Ofcourse it will be all about Irina! She is the best!
Carolina will fight for a medal on the Olympics and on the Worlds. And I would so like if she gets a medal! Georgian girl is veeery good, but I don't think that she is mentaly ready for those big events. Her time will come...

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever - in the Pairs example B&S won the medals at the time and you claim the canadians made the scandal by protesting the win yet in ladies the American won the medal yet you seem to think its the american that caused the scandal....whereas applying your logic from the pairs example its the russians who "cause the scandal" objecting to Irina not winning the gold...you can't have it both ways! :biggrin:

Ant

euterpe

Medalist
anything_for_skating:

Posting in huge colored fonts will not put your opinion over more forcefully. It will just make people NOT want to read your posts. And it is very, very rude. It comes over as shouting.

I know I will not be convinced of anything that is shouted at me. Loud words means the shouter doesn't have a rational argument and thinks he/she can make a point only by applying volume.

It does not work.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker

Hmmm....IIRC, the pairs scandal was caused by cheating judges. We know for sure about the French one. And she was dealing with somebody. I don't think nationality is the point.

Was there a "scandal" in the ladies event? I didn't hear about one. Plenty of "wuzrobbing" and different opinions by people of probably every nationality about the outcome, but isn't that true of EVERY event in a judged sport??

DG

Hi, Anything_for_skating. I am always interested in hearing your point of view (but maybe in not quite such big letters, LOL.)

BTW, if English is not your first language, I have to compliment you on how well you write. If you are a student, I bet you get straight A's in English!

Mathman :)

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Hi, Anything_for_skating. I am always interested in hearing your point of view (but maybe in not quite such big letters, LOL.)

BTW, if English is not your first language, I have to compliment you on how well you write. If you are a student, I bet you get straight A's in English!

Mathman :)

Hello, Mathman,

Those big colored fronts are there because I want from people to understand what do I think, and if I should use that to prove that I am right, I will do it :yes:

especially about Russians, because they are nation of fighre skating, and ofcourse, for Carolina Kostner ;)

Yes, I am a student and people usually say I do speak it very well, and I'm only 13 years old...:biggrin:
And when you look at my location...you would probably say it's strange that actually speak it, good or bad, wouldn't you? :laugh:

It's ok Anything. All this vitriol and sarcastic opinions is part and parcel of the coming Olys. For your sake just hope there is no problem with the anticipated Russian sweep.

BTW - are you Russian in Russia or Russian in N.America?

Joe

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
It's ok Anything. All this vitriol and sarcastic opinions is part and parcel of the coming Olys. For your sake just hope there is no problem with the anticipated Russian sweep.

BTW - are you Russian in Russia or Russian in N.America?

Joe

I am not Russian in Russia,
And
I am not Russian in N.America :biggrin:

I am half Russian-half Serbian,and I live in Serbia. One of my parents is Serbian, one is Russian :)

millie

Medalist
I am not Russian in Russia,
And
I am not Russian in N.America :biggrin:

I am half Russian-half Serbian,and I live in Serbia. One of my parents is Serbian, one is Russian :)

Hey anything_for_skating, figure skating is figure skating no matter what country you come from. You are entitled to your opinion and I enjoyed reading your post. It's only natural that you root for skaters from your own country and want them to win. I am from Canada and have my favourites from the U.S., Russia and also Canada. It's ok for you to defend skaters from your own nation.:) :)

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
:yes: :yes:
millie said:
Hey anything_for_skating, figure skating is figure skating no matter what country you come from. You are entitled to your opinion and I enjoyed reading your post. It's only natural that you root for skaters from your own country and want them to win. I am from Canada and have my favourites from the U.S., Russia and also Canada. It's ok for you to defend skaters from your own nation.:) :)

Yes, that's true, figure skating is figure skating no matter where are you from! :agree:
Only, here, in Serbia, a lot of people don't even know what is skating! It's like: "figure skating? there is actually figure skating in Serbia?"it's a killing thing for us,skaters and for skating fans...

It is normal that I defend Russians, not only because I am half-Russian, but because they really are nation of figure skating :yes:

One more thing: Carolina Kostner is not Russian and she is also not Serbian, but she is still No 1, with Slutskaya and Plusenko, for me ;)

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Doggygirl said:
Hmmm....IIRC, the pairs scandal was caused by cheating judges. We know for sure about the French one. And she was dealing with somebody. I don't think nationality is the point.

Was there a "scandal" in the ladies event? I didn't hear about one. Plenty of "wuzrobbing" and different opinions by people of probably every nationality about the outcome, but isn't that true of EVERY event in a judged sport??

DG

IIRC, the Russians tried to protest the fact that Kwan was placed ahead of Slutskaya after the SP and got a brush off. I am not sure about this one. I do recall, however, that the Russians protested after the free skate, claiming that Irina should be given a duplicate gold, but I don't know if it was based on the judging in the SP or in the FS.

I just wonder, though, if the anti-Russian reaction at Worlds '03 was due, not so much to some antipathy to Russian skaters generally, as much as it was due to anyone who wasn't backing the US on Iraq. I know that many Russian skaters have gotten extremely warm reactions when they compete at US events; at a Marshall's event in '04, I heard that the crowd booed Irina's marks as too low.

attyfan said:
IIRC, the Russians tried to protest the fact that Kwan was placed ahead of Slutskaya after the SP and got a brush off. I am not sure about this one. I do recall, however, that the Russians protested after the free skate, claiming that Irina should be given a duplicate gold, but I don't know if it was based on the judging in the SP or in the FS.

I just wonder, though, if the anti-Russian reaction at Worlds '03 was due, not so much to some antipathy to Russian skaters generally, as much as it was due to anyone who wasn't backing the US on Iraq. I know that many Russian skaters have gotten extremely warm reactions when they compete at US events; at a Marshall's event in '04, I heard that the crowd booed Irina's marks as too low.
I remember the fuss by the Russians over Hughes beating out Irina. Apparently the Russian judge and 2 others from Eastern Europe did give Irina first place. Irina's skate, despite the clumsy jump landing was all so lacklustered. Michelle's was better but still not up to par for her. The Eastern Judges kept MK from getting 2nd place, and out of the ruins arose the phoenix Sarah.

There is a large Russian community in the USA and they are skarters, coaches and those that like them. It's fun, and Alissa really scared them in Skate America.

Joe