Colonial Travel e-mail brochures | Golden Skate

Colonial Travel e-mail brochures

H

heyang

Colonial Travel e-mail brochures

Hi, all.

I have yet to take a trip with this company, but it seems like they handle a lot of skating events. Just got a postcard today about 2003 Skate America in PA, 2004 Grand Prix Finals in CO and 2004 US Nat's in Atlanta, GA. Don't know if any of you want to plan that far in advance.

The card also reminds people to sign up for SkatE-mail by 7/31 for a free gift. Your sign up will allow them to e-mail news and brochures to you instead of via snail mail. The website is <a href="http://www.colonial-travelskating.com" target="top">www.colonial-travelskating.com</a> if you want to sign up.

J

Joesitz

Re: Colonial Travel e-mail brochures

Thanks Heyang for the info.

I've been looking for travel agencies that cover figure skating. I want to know what is included in the packages. I will get to Dortmund by hook or by crook. Now that I have the excitement of live competition, I have to be there.

I'll check this out for packages to Atlanta and Reading while I am at it. thanks again.

Joe

J

JHarland55

I used Colonial Travel last year for Skate America and had no problems. And it's the first time I ever used anything like this.
They always seem to get booked in the "Offical Hotel".

C

cygnus010900

I used Colonial Travel for the GPF last year in St Petersburg- it was a blast. I'm going to Dortmund with them next year for Worlds (I don't think they are using the official Hotel, though). They may not be the cheapest out there (I suppose the cheapest way is to take care of everything yourself), but I find the service is great, and they are willing to accomodate all sorts of special travel considerations.

I will probably do travel within North America on my own from now on, but when I'm going to other countries, I think that an agency like Colonial (if you can afford it) is the way to go- it's so nice not having to worry about transport, visas, etc in a foreign country, plus having the security of a group can be a good thing. When I was in my twenties, the "roughing it" aspect might have been part of the appeal of travel, but now I must admit I do like the comforts!

What I liked about Colonial was that they put their prices on the brochures (even on-line), whereas the others you had to email for them.

G

Grgranny

I think there's another outfit that is called something like Silverblades. Might be silverskates. Others have given them good recommendations. I've never gone on any of those kind of trips. Wish I could afford to now.

J

Joesitz

Hi Granny - There is also a Canadian company that addvertises fs tours.

This is a good thread to read for those of us are becoming figure skating groupies (live competitions, please).

Anyone who can report on the Tours, please do.

Joe

Blade1

On the Ice

heyang said:
The card also reminds people to sign up for SkatE-mail by 7/31 for a free gift. Your sign up will allow them to e-mail news and brochures to you instead of via snail mail.

I recieve information on all the latest figure skating tours that Colonial Tours , and I did recieve the same card. I actually emailed them about the skateE-mail way before the 31st, and I have yet recieved any response from them what so ever. Anyone else send them an email to the email posted in the ad or postcard and actually heard a response from them?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I can't remember for sure but I think I emailed them and never got any reply either.

heyang

Record Breaker
I e-mailed them around the time I started this thread. The free gift arrived in the mail last week with a note saying that I've been added to their e-mail list. BTW, the free gift is a tannish brown leather fanny back manufacture by Canyon Outback. The company's logo and contact information is on the front of the pack.

Blade1

On the Ice
WOWZERS !!! Well I emailed them as soon as I had recieved the card in the mail, exactly what did you put in the email when you did reply? Did you post an address ??? I can't even remember what I put to tell you the truth. And I never did save the email I sent to them. Geesh !!