The "Curse" of January.......... | Golden Skate

The "Curse" of January..........

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
January has long been noted as the month when many people die of illnesses. We lost my mother-in-law Sunday due to a lung infection. My husband and I have taken this week off to finalize burial arrangements. Not a good way to start 2006 by any means................42

Aloft04

On the Ice
I'm so sorry, show. No matter what month, this can't be an easy time for you. Having lost my dad in July, I know. You're in my thoughts, dear.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh I'm so sorry for your loss, Show... it is a lousy way to start the year... *hugs*

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I'm also very sorry for your loss -- and you may be right about a "curse" (my dad died Jan 4, 2004)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Show I am so sorry for the loss of your mother in law. Prayers and hugs for you, Mr.Show, and your sons.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Show, many hugs to you. I'm very sorry to hear of you and your family's loss.

DG

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
so sorry about your loss. please accept my condolences.

for my family it has been december. we lost my grandfather last december.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Show, I am very sorry to hear of your loss, too.

My grandma died many years ago in January. It was evident she was hanging on for one last Christmas (she always loved Christmas, and especially seeing all the family get together)...once Christmas was over, she failed rapidly and died January 19th. I wonder whether Christmas is a factor in a lot of these Jan deaths.

JOHIO2

Medalist
show 42,

So sorry for your loss. It's hard anytime of the year, I know. Hang in there, we're all here for you.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts. They have been comforting and very much appreciated. The burial is Friday, so hopefully things will be back to some type of order by next week.................42