I failed my test! | Golden Skate

I failed my test!

ilovepaydays

Rinkside
I am 25 and I just started ice skating in August. I took my Alpha test last night and I thought everything went pretty well. I nailed everything except I didn't "cross over" quite enought on my forward cross-overs. My teacher told me I should take Alpha level one more time before I go on to Beta.

I am a little sad but I would repeat a level and make aure I get it absolutely right than just skim though. A lot of the little kids who didn't pass their levels were REALLY upset, though.

Any advice? Hugs?

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Sorry! I failed my PPMIF test, and it sucked. It's going to be okay. I'm sure you'll pass if you take it again. Good luck!

CDMM1991

Medalist
I took my pre-novice [I think the equivalent to intermediate in the States] test FOUR times. Sometimes you just have to keep working at it, and eventually the stars will align and you will come out and show the judges what you can do, and they'll reward you for it. I know how it feels! But just keep on skating!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I know how you feel. I failed my adult bronze MIF test twice a few months ago. I haven't been on the ice since.
However my advice to you is to keep on trying and sooner or later you should be able to pass. Good luck!

ilovepaydays

Rinkside
I passed it!

I passed Alpha now with flying colors! Now I get to go on to Beta! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I only have 3 weeks left in this lesson session but even if I don't get everything I can just take it over in the next session!

Any advice? I think Beta is T-stops and backward crossovers.

icy fresh

On the Ice
Congratulations! Just be patient with the Beta test. I never did ISI. I learned through Learn to Skate, but make sure to bend your knees a lot in the back crossovers and stay off your toe-pick!

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Congratulations on passing! It's a lovely feeling, isn't it. I don't know the ISI system (I'm not in the USA), but I'm sure it will be the "next step up" from what you have already done, so won't be too hard - your teachers will probably have introduced you to some of the skills you need already.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
ilovepaydays said:
I passed Alpha now with flying colors! Now I get to go on to Beta! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I only have 3 weeks left in this lesson session but even if I don't get everything I can just take it over in the next session!

Any advice? I think Beta is T-stops and backward crossovers.

Good job!!! Good luck in Beta :) !:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: