2 Utako WAKAMATSU / Jean-Sebastien FECTEAU   CAN 53.80 2
3 Anabelle LANGLOIS / Cody HAY   CAN 50.98 3
4 Marcy HINZMANN / Aaron PARCHEM   USA 50.54 4
5 Katie ORSCHER / Garrett LUCASH   USA 49.77 5
6 Elizabeth PUTNAM / Sean WIRTZ   CAN 49.11 6
7 Jiaqi LI / Jiankun XU   CHN 46.96 7
8 Marina AGANINA / Artem KNYAZEV   UZB 45.41 8
9 Emma BRIEN / Stuart BECKINGHAM   AUS 34.94 9

I'm disappointed for Putnam and Wirtz. They had such a great beginning to their season and it looked like it would be a breakout year for them. Alas, not to be. Hopefully they can come back strong in their FS which is an absolutely divine program. I'm surprised they haven't changed their short. It hasn't been strong for them all season.
I'm a little surprised to see the American pair so far out in front if all skated clean, which it looks like they did. Perhaps being American champs and having that rep does help a bit.... Anyway, even with that lead, it's anybody's game - well, the top three anyhow.

nymkfan51

Medalist
rain, I know what you mean about Putnam and Wirtz ... I was hoping they would do better this year. But look at their score ... only a point or so out of third place.

rain

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
rain, I know what you mean about Putnam and Wirtz ... I was hoping they would do better this year. But look at their score ... only a point or so out of third place.

You're right. It's not like they took themselves totally out of the medals. And they have a beautiful LP which I'm dying to tape when they broadcast this comp. on CBC.

Saundy

On the Ice
rain said:
You're right. It's not like they took themselves totally out of the medals. And they have a beautiful LP which I'm dying to tape when they broadcast this comp. on CBC.

Oooooh! This will be on CBC?! I only have 2 channels up here at school (CTV and CBC) so this is great! When will it be broadcast?

Not a good start for Orscher and Lucash. I hoped they would be on fire to prove that they should be going to Turin ahead of Hinzman and Parchem

rain

Record Breaker
Saundy said:
Oooooh! This will be on CBC?! I only have 2 channels up here at school (CTV and CBC) so this is great! When will it be broadcast?

This should be on February 4 and 5. You'll have to check for times in your area.

Mathman said:
Not a good start for Orscher and Lucash. I hoped they would be on fire to prove that they should be going to Turin ahead of Hinzman and Parchem
JMO but not as bad as you think. They are 4 points out of 2nd place as is Putnam and Wirtz. Both teams could pull that up to a silver, and I think gold is not that far away either. Should be a suspenseful FS.

Joe

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Garrett is still battling the groin injury that he got during US Nats so just for him to get through everything last night, I'm really proud of him. Hopefully he and Katie can pull through with a good LP tonight. I'll be cheering for them for sure. Go Orcash!! (And Anabelle & Cody who I'd love to see stay on the podium! :) )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ITA, Heather!

didn't he also have some problem with one of his shoulders at nationals? I can't remember all that we found out during the pairs... they were all way too injury-prone that week!